Clearance level 9???

drayviper32
drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It seems like it's been a long time since clearance level 8 opened up. When is clearance level 9 going to open up??? I hope that it opens within a month. icon_question.gif

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heck with 9, let's see rewards really opened up and jump right to 12.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is overdue. And 8 didn't improve enough on 7 to be truly meaningful. Hopefully that mistake won't be repeated
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    It is overdue. And 8 didn't improve enough on 7 to be truly meaningful. Hopefully that mistake won't be repeated

Signed x1000

Edit: The topic name got my hopes up that it was accidentally leaked in game (which seems to be their current mode of announcement...). icon_cry.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 was essentially no different from 7, all it did was slightly help spread out the bottleneck of players at the top. We've functionally gotten no real update since this debuted. They should at least release through clearance level 10, and hopefully very soon. I'd of course love to see more levels than that opened up at once, but I don't have any idea if the numbers support levels 12 or higher yet.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    They likely have player thresholds that they need to hit before they can open up a new clearance level. Like x players of y level so that the brackets in the new CL aren't ****.
  • broll
    They likely have player thresholds that they need to hit before they can open up a new clearance level. Like x players of y level so that the brackets in the new CL aren't ****.

That's fine as long as the rewards match the wait / increase. SCL8 was a joke.

I don't think they would release a new SCL in the middle of a season so we'll see if we get it next month icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    And I wonder how they go about their stats. Is it only based on the CL? I have CL 86 but I never play in 8 - 7 is more relaxed for pretty much the same prizes.
  • broll
    Magic wrote:
    And I wonder how they go about their stats. Is it only based on the CL? I have CL 86 but I never play in 8 - 7 is more relaxed for pretty much the same prizes.

That's kind of my point. Their terrible design for SCL8 put virtually no penalty for playing down an SCL, some stat crunchers have even found it may be optimal to play even lower in some cases. If they are counting by amount of people in SCL8 then they skewed their own stats with their poor design.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Just venting that I agree that we're long overdue for opening up CL9. I do believe Jamie's argument that they need to wait for a certain number of players to hit a certain Shield level before opening up CL9, but it's hard to be patient given how they flubbed CL8. It's a freakin' joke how small the difference between CL7 and CL8 are. It takes an additional 20 Shield levels (32 up to 52) to gain access, but you get an extra 500 ISO and maybe 1 extra 4* cover if you're in the t5. I'd love to hear a Dev discuss why they felt the need to introduce CL7.25 and call it 8. Seriously - there are so many questionable decisions made by the Devs - I would love to know if they think about how they implement changes and have rationale for things we think are stupid or if they just act randomly (they do love RNG, after all).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to see CL9 bring PvP CP to PvE levels. CL8 has 2 CP for T1, 1 CP for T5 for an entire 3d event, where each sub in CL8 PvE grants 5 for T3, or 3 for T10. I'd like to see something like 10 CP for T1, 5 for T5, 3 for T10 in CL9 PvP.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I was among those initially disappointed that CL8 rewards weren't more of a srep up from CL7, but since then I've made pve top 10 multiple times and even top 5 once or twice. So I appreciate the extra 4* covers that CL8 has granted me. Still, CL9 at minimum should extend one 4* cover to top 20 placement and have a more significant increase in iso. Adding more CP to progression would help too.

For the current pve event though, when trying to join CL8 the game somehow put me in a CL2 slice! At first I was amazed I was ranking so highly, but then I noticed the rewards were trash and figured it out. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see CL9 bring PvP CP to PvE levels. CL8 has 2 CP for T1, 1 CP for T5 for an entire 3d event, where each sub in CL8 PvE grants 5 for T3, or 3 for T10. I'd like to see something like 10 CP for T1, 5 for T5, 3 for T10 in CL9 PvP.

I'd like to see 4*s more easilly obtainable through placement in CL9. I was hoping that would happen in 8, that maybe I'd need to be top 50 in PvE to get a 4* cover or something. Hell I'd have accepted top 25 even. Likewise for PvP, it's bonkers that this system still treats PvP as a 3* meta. Especially since it's way, WAY easier to get a 4* cover from hitting 900 points than it is to get one through placement.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Heck with 9, let's see rewards really opened up and jump right to 12.

Surely those would be a lesser reward than from 11? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    they could open cl9 in pvp next season, but could do cl9 for pve in advance of that!

would like to see top 20 in pve cl9 get a 4 card

my notes say first PVE with cl 7 was 09/19/2016 and first PVE with cl 8 was 11/03/2016. So it is about time, but not egregiously late
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    In keeping with cannon, sc10 is suppose to be final. We ain't be seeing that for a long time
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL8 was introduced when I was one level away from it if 9 is the same way it'll be a bit (level 66 vs expected 72 requirement)
  • drayviper32
    I'm still hungry for CL9! It seems like a year since CL8 opened. :'(
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Demiurge discussed this in the Bonus Heroes interview on Puzzle Warriors 3, Here's what they said:

"I haven’t looked at the data in a while, but the basic philosophy that I have is I want to open up the SHIELD clearance levels as quickly as I can where it will be fair to compete in them I don’t want to run into the situation where like we open up clearance level 10 and like three people qualify and then they get all the prizes… So to avoid that, what I’ve been trying to do is watch and see when there’s like an obvious SHIELD rank cutoff, past which we could populate a reasonable, like one instance per offset…be able to make sure each offset has sufficient people in it that people would be competing in a reasonable way for the placement prizes. So I don’t think we’re quite there yet with clearance level 9. I think we probably could draw a line, but it would be pretty close to the current line for SHIELD clearance level 8 and so I want to wait until we can differentiate them a little bit more."

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm rank 73 so according to my earlier theory we may be overdue
  • drayviper32
    I kinda figured they are waiting for more people to get to a certain level but I'm getting impatient I guess. Thanks for astrp3.