Lazy Villain ideas -- Sabretooth and Winter Soldier

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
I'd like to get more villains into the game, and one thing that might be easy is to add some non-collectible Lazy Villains.

Sabretooth would function identically to Patch.
Winter Soldier would function identically to 3* Captain America.

Some art, a few text changes, and they could be tossed into PvE events.

If someone really wanted to collect them, then there might be an option to swap an existing Patch for Sabretooth, and vice versa.

I'd like some fresh blood introduced with there being a nine day event for it.

Comments

• So kind of like Thor and Ragnarok, right? I don't know how it'll work though since I think they're mostly releasing characters based on the Dark Reign story progression.
  • No. Nonononononono. I want them to release fully designed, playtested, different, and interesting new characters. **** out more lazy clones is the last thing I want to see. They've been forcing out too many lazy characters as is; my roster needs a break.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Enough with the laziness. I would love to see Sabretooth in MPQ, but he deserves way better than being just a new skin for Patch. Winter Soldier is meh for me, but if he ever gets introduced, make him a proper character, too. Quality over quantity, please.
  • I wonder if it's possible for our new community mods to create a whole section of the boards to character suggestions. I think it would be a great place to drop ideas without having to sift through other matters of interest.
  • I'd like to get more villains into the game, and one thing that might be easy is to add some non-collectible Lazy Villains.

Sabretooth would function identically to Patch.
    Winter Soldier would function identically to 3* Captain America.

Some art, a few text changes, and they could be tossed into PvE events.

If someone really wanted to collect them, then there might be an option to swap an existing Patch for Sabretooth, and vice versa.

I'd like some fresh blood introduced with there being a nine day event for it.

I think there is some merit to this idea. The way i would like to see this idea implement is as skins for existing characters, not as new characters with new covers to collect. I want to dress up my characters, not have an endless array of clones taking up space.