Strange Sights: A Worry

Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Brigby,

With a new run of Strange Sights coming up, I (and every other 5star tier player with me, I'm sure) was wondering if Ultron Sentry scaling has been fixed already.

You may remember from its inaugural run that Sentries were utterly broken with people facing 120k + Sentries that were nigh unbeatable.

Please confirm that this has been fixed.

Comments

• AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    On the same note, and to safeguard anyone in case that isn't fixed (which i believe to be the most probable case), I would recommend clearing that path first.

And to hope that this horrible scaling is fixed or at least getting worked on.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlexxKats wrote:
    On the same note, and to safeguard anyone in case that isn't fixed (which i believe to be the most probable case), I would recommend clearing that path first.
    That won't help though, scaling doesn't change depending on time.

And yes, I would like to know if this has been fixed, too.

Although I'm afraid I already know the answer, since it was never acknowledged that scaling was messed up for those goons by the devs.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah please, confirm that they are fixed because I don't want to fight 150k+ hitpoints enemies :S :S :S
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    AlexxKats wrote:

Although I'm afraid I already know the answer, since it was never acknowledged that scaling was messed up for those goons by the devs.

True, but encountering the worst enemies last can cripple psychology. Also if you clear the worst first, you have a better view of what your final placing will be if things play as they should
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    AlexxKats wrote:

I believe points do depend on time though. so you don't want to miss out on the value of the sentry nodes if you leave it for the third sub. Take them on in the first sub and at least if you can't beat it, you are missing out on them when the associated points are at their lowest.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Just an FYI for those planning to hit it first, the Ultron Sentry sub was the Book of Vishanti sub (with the Doombot icon for the "door" node.)

And let's hope it has an ending this time after the third day boss fight!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if this will come with vaults for each node again, but just a reminder that there was a glitch in which we could purchase from a vault before the event and before getting the required artifact, which would then lock us out of using said artifact token. So if there are vaults again and you see the vaults open prior to the event start, don't touch them!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get an answer? Saw you were on yesterday, Brigby, so if you are checking with the devs, letting us know that at least would help. Event starts after weekend, so not a lot of time left to fix if it hasn't been yet.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Can we get an answer? Saw you were on yesterday, Brigby, so if you are checking with the devs, letting us know that at least would help. Event starts after weekend, so not a lot of time left to fix if it hasn't been yet.
    He's likely waiting for an answer from Demiurge.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working as Intended TM
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Daiches wrote:
    He's likely waiting for an answer from Demiurge.
    Yup! Sorry I never got the chance to post that in this thread yesterday.

I sent an email to them yesterday asking about Strange Sights. They said that there were a bunch of bug fixes and a couple changes, so they'll be writing up an overview to send over to me today. I'll pass that information along to everyone once I get it. Thanks for being patient!

Update: Official post detailing Strange Sights event updates! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59098