New Character Release Personal Placement Rewards

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Most of us realize that new character released yield much less placement rewards than a standard PVE. It annoys me that T50 still only receives 1 cover and it would be great if the 4* cover was extended to T150, maybe 200. We may never see that (which is a shame) but ultimately what would soften the blow is if T50-100 also gave us a 3* cover (1 4* new release, 1 3* cover). Everyone wants 3* Strange so I feel like we're missing out on additional covers for him due to this new release. Any thoughts?

Edit: I added a poll
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted for the mix. More 4* covers should be give, out from 20-100, but a si gle 4* covershoupd also extend deeper into tue bracket. Maybe top 250?

I still do nit understand demi's reluctance to do this. New characters drive players to buy roster slots, which makes miney for demi/d3. Why limit the number of players that feel this pressure?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I still do nit understand demi's reluctance to do this. New characters drive players to buy roster slots, which makes miney for demi/d3. Why limit the number of players that feel this pressure?
    Because people who miss out on T100 feel pressured to buy packs to have the character for the next PVE.

Demi does not only want people to buy slots, they want them to buy packs AND slots.

It's not rocket science.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I vote getting 13 covers in a 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 distribution, and enough Iso-8 to champ them right away, for all players regardless of placement.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* covers should extend to T200 for SCL8 and stay at T100 for SLC7 IMO.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Top 50 rewards should be better, the 500 iso difference between 50 and 100 is not reflective of the amount of effort required. I think they should make it easier to get a 1/1/1 character so we can try all the moves out. Which technically is doable if you get top 100, pve progression in the following event, and if the character is the reward in the sim.

I voted for a mix, better top 50 rewards and the new release given to more players. I like keeping the 3* reward separate tho. I considered scaling back to level 5 to get the Strange reward, its better to have some incentive for players at lower levels.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    broll wrote:
    4* covers should extend to T200 for SCL8 and stay at T100 for SLC7 IMO.

I agree, I've been debating which SCL to enter a lot more on PVE. I can easily finish like say 102 on release events, but doing better than that requires crazy time commitments. Really looking at doing SCL 5 or 6 and just sweeping it, but I also want champ levels for my xforce wolverine.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Because people who miss out on T100 feel pressured to buy packs to have the character for the next PVE.

Demi does not only want people to buy slots, they want them to buy packs AND slots.

It's not rocket science.

Not rocket science, probably not at all true either as more realistically, people not getting t100 are probably not going to be worrying too much about placements in the next event either and will still be able to get max progression without having one.

Giving out more covers to start with will ensure more people have to spend on slots, the market for selling packs probably doesn't have much overlap with that former group.