Super LRs - 1/2 Stars Beating 5 Stars?

Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I decided to jump into a Super LR late last night and couldn't beat two 1/2 star roster teams while I was using lvl 400 OML and 400 Phoenix. I had a solid lead until about 30 minutes in when both rosters snuck up and kicked me out of 1st.

I make a bit of points and wait for him to get eaten alive, because if I am having trouble this 1/2 star roster shouldn't be here to begin with:
Screenshot_2017_02_07_23_10_07.png

It didn't help, and he blazes by me unscathed:
Screenshot_2017_02_07_23_14_41.png

He passes me up even more then shields.
Screenshot_2017_02_07_23_15_24.png

Then another 1/2 star roster passes me while I get eaten alive. I decide to shield to watch what happens.
Screenshot_2017_02_07_23_29_59.png

Then they simply win 1st and 2nd, the second guy doesn't even shield.

Here are their rosters:
Screenshot_2017_02_07_23_30_02.pngScreenshot_2017_02_07_23_10_13.png

What exactly is happening here? Are they untouchable while hitting seeds? Was there simply no 3* rosters to feed off these 1/2 star rosters because it was late at night, so they go under 4*/5* radars?

It seems like the whole system is upside down.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    I'm guessing that Yelena and Bagman are the 1/2 stars icon_lol.gif
  • a one star just beat me by a single point. i say good on him. i smashed through seeds with match damage. he WORKED for it. those matches must have taken him ten minutes each and he either took hits along the way and climbed through them or managed to dodge the hits somehow. ive still won 5/7 from seed teams only.

nice job bro. i hope youre still playing the game 6 months from now!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    What surprises me, people are actually # for 1k iso and 1-2 tokens
  • fmftint wrote:

50 hp for two tokens. 25 hp each. you know where i can buy some of these. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Exactly, 25hp per token is a bargain in this game
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

50 hp for two tokens. 25 hp each. you know where i can buy some of these. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Well, there is a non-zero chance of losing even after shielding. So its probably 50hp for 1.8 tokens. Which is still a great deal. Especially since each token has a much higher than standard chance at a very strong and new 4*.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Certainly villain "E" is having the time of his life running his newly acquired 5* Panther and Thanos combo.
    We could only guess that the system is pitting him against continually trivial opponents even with his big friends and the loaner Carol.
    All while you are against normalized opponents for your MMR. Something's certainly a bit off, but let's hope the devs get enough data from this new LR style and improve things for next week.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought this was going to be a tale of mighty daring, such as when Venom devoured OML. But no, it's about 1/2 star rosters scoring more points in an event than 5 star rosters.

mod: -1 - misleading title.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    MMR seems to be treating me more fairly in these Super Lightning Rounds. More of the people that are popping up in the my queue are actually people I can fight, and I don't seem to be being hit as much by people vastly more powerful than me either.

It's possible that's also playing out to the advantage of players with much weaker rosters too.