BOP MMR complaint

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
BOP, EVERYONE 550! MMR should be a wonderland of options, Qs as far as the eye can see. But no, it's the same 6 names I see all season long. Why? I just don't get it

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    you 7 guys must really hate each other....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a theory, I certainty don't know this for sure. MMR may not work correctly with BOP because everyone would essentially be open to everyone and that might overload it's process due to too many options. If that is the case, a solution might be to have it use the non-boosted MMR, which would likely put you with the usual suspects.

Just a guess but it seems plausible to me.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simple. Because it is easier to use the same code that is used for everything else. And they don't see it as worth their time reinventing the wheel for an off season novelty event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not like this in Combined Arms, MMR in Combined Arms is fantastic, BOP should be similar
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    which would likely put you with the usual suspects.
    Ugh. I hate those guys!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    COZrr7CE.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't the MMR also use the amount of covers you have? So you wouldn't see 2/3* teams because they have less covers but I could be wrong
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Let me guess. Those guys you keep seeing are using 5*s. Break through those guys and get to a level where people realize that using 5's aren't worth it and MMR opens up completely. Think it happened around 500 for me last run. Blame the d00ds using 5's in BOP.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Combine arms completely locks out 5*s from use which is what will drive your MMR to be much more open. MMR doesn't change for BOP because you have all those lovely 5*s not being used because they suck.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Um, I would hate to see Keyser Soze boosted to 550.

icon_eek.gif