Super Lightning Rounds highlight broken aspects of PvP

Fightmastermpq
Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The new Super Lightning Rounds are garbage, and here is why....

It's PvP with no "vP"
- Stewbacca said it best here. I'm in a bracket of 20 guys competing for a top spot, but can rarely find anyone in my bracket to fight against for placement. So the only way to compete is by beating other teams which leads me to my next issue.....

Seed teams from RNGesus
- Why are seed teams so random? Sometimes I'll join 1m in and get no seeds, sometimes I'll hop in with 17m left and get 7. How does this make sense?
- How are you supposed to compete for a top bracket spot against someone who has seeds when you don't?

MMR
- Yet again 5* rosters have to climb off 5* teams while all others get cupcakes, and there isn't enough time to break through the MMR.

I though this was going to be a cool intro to 4* PvP and it just isn't. It's a pretty huge health pack suck since I have to climb of other 5* rosters, and it's just not worth the effort. I'm usually a seeds only LR type guy and all these SLR events do is make me want to play less - try and snipe a bracket at the end, get 1 win and luck into 1 or 2 tokens.

On the plus side - offering tokens from a relatively new 4* is a nice bonus, and I have been able to pick up a couple Carol covers as a result.