Hey Brigby, No Discounted Off Seaon 40 Cover Packs???

DaBeast911
DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Each off season, there were 40x cover packs for 10,000 HP. They haven't shown this off season, have they been discontinued by D3? Brigby, is this an answer you can find out for us?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaBeast911 wrote:
    Each off season, there were 40x cover packs for 10,000 HP. They haven't shown this off season, have they been discontinued by Demiurge? Brigby, is this an answer you can find out for us?
    There. I fixed it for you.

Otherwise, yes, where are the 10K HP 40 packs?
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Color me sad.
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Yeah - where'd they go?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably sold too well compared to Heroic 40-packs. Or they decided to cut back on the number of token screens.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I doubt they were cutting back with 4 token screens related to Civil War and Black Panther. We probably could have done without the regular heroic screen for a few days
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Great question! I've sent out an email to the development team asking about that. Once I hear back from them, I'll update this post with their response. Thanks!

Update: It turns out that the off-season packs are temporarily unavailable to avoid any potential confusion among the player base. Apparently in the past there were players that had unfortunate experiences purchasing Heroic Packs, unaware that the Off-Seasons packs were technically cheaper, only to realize afterwards they had made a needlessly more expensive purchase.

What the team is looking to do now is come up with a better system that would alleviate this problem, and to prevent this negative experience from occurring again, they've had to make this off-season pack offer unavailable in the meantime.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    DaBeast911 wrote:
    Each off season, there were 40x cover packs for 10,000 HP.

Because I didn't use my eyeballs so well I never noticed this was a thing. What type of tokens are/were these?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    DaBeast911 wrote:
    Each off season, there were 40x cover packs for 10,000 HP.

Because I didn't use my eyeballs so well I never noticed this was a thing. What type of tokens are/were these?
    Any off-season PvP had them. It was really just Heroic tokens but the large packs were cheaper.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby, while we're on the topic of input verses reward, can you explain the rational behind a 3* PvP 40 pack, like the current God of Lies ones, costing 15800 and heroics costing 11200? Do the devs really see a decreased chance at any 4* for an increased chance at a specific 3* being worth an additional 4600 HP? Call me crazy, but if I'm spending an additional $40 worth of resources, I'd want an improved chance at the better characters. If it is a 4* PvP, I can see the argument. But for 3* Loki, this is just silly.