More "achievement"-oriented gameplay please!

Ronfar
Ronfar Posts: 150
I really love Marvel Puzzle Quest's core Match 3 gameplay, and the character balance has much improved from the days when Magneto (Classic) could kill a whole team in one turn. However, there's a problem - I find very little sense of progress or achievement when I play it. All you get for your time is the ability to maybe strengthen your team - and then face correspondingly higher level opponents in PvP mode. If you finish first in something, there's no permanent reminder of your achievement. There's also no incremental progress, like there is in games with substantial story modes, aside from the completely trivial Shield Rank. Once you finish the Prologue, which is geared toward new players, all that's left is the endless grind of Versus events and temporary "Story" events that leave nothing significant behind to mark their passing.

Aside from a vastly expanded single player mode in which rewards don't depend at all on the performance of other players (almost all "PvE" events are just another kind of competition with other players), I wish there were some kind of achievement or trophy system, one that tracks your highest finishes and best scores in the different events you've entered - for example, your top result in a "The Hunt" event or a Loki Lightning Round. It would make playing the game seem a lot less pointless...

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I also miss some achievements, goal or aim where we should be heading. Maxing out the income of CPs/LTs is the only goal i see but still...
    This game is pretty boring. Playing it every day just to get few ISO and what next? New covers to get ISO and waste it for another covers?
    Game miss some point - right now it is grinding for a grinding.
    Some list of daily to-do quests like "match 50O green tiles to get 50ISO" or "Defeat 20 villains to get 50ISO" (and dozens more) would be great step forward.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    And stats. Please, add stats icon_e_smile.gif
  • BB_Karo
    BB_Karo Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Agreed! I'd love to see some stats and achievements. I haven't been playing the game long, but it surprised me that, in addition to not tracking certain in-game achievements, the only thing you see when you click on a player's roster is just that... their roster. No level, days played, number of Top 5 PvP finishes, etc.

I love this game, but would love it even more during those "slow" weeks if I could target certain goals or achievements.