Reduce 5* Cover CP Costs for Classic Legends

2»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    if they'd just discount covers once you get an ability to 5, that would help a ton.
    This is what I was going to suggest. The cost could even be variable.

A couple examples, using 5* costs only, but I don't think changes like this should be limited to the 5* tier.
    • Example 1: Lower costs on powers when the character has one or more powers at 5. The base cost per cover stays at 720 CP, but once you get a power to 5, the cost on the other two drops to 360 CP. If you get two powers to 5, the third power is dropped to 240 CP.
    • Example 2: Lower costs based on how many covers the character has in total, rather than how many are maxed. At 0-5 covers, cost is unchanged at 720 CP. Each cover after the fourth adds a cumulative discount of 60 CP, so it goes from 720 to 660 to 600... down to 240 CP if you have a character at 12 covers and just want to buy the 13th.
    • Example 3: Mix and match! Lower costs for all covers when powers hit 5, and according to total powers! 30 CP discount per cover above four! 100 CP discount per power at five covers! 80 CP discount per power at four covers! Watch players develop strategies over the right order to build characters in purely out of CP! (Maybe don't do this one.)

Nice, I would love to see my 5/1/5 OML as something good instead of something terrible.

It's so frustrating that you would always strongly prefer to get 4/4/4 of a character, instead of 5/x/5, or even 5/x/x, which is just completely random on how that will occur.
  • stupidweakbaby
    stupidweakbaby Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Here are my thoughts for solving the worsening 5* dilution in Classics (the format of your post looks a lot like one I did earlier lololol)

The problem:
    As more 5* characters are introduced and transitioned into Classics, it becomes more and more difficult to fully cover a 5*.

For example, there are currently 9 5* characters in Classics with a 1.7% chance of drawing a specific one. When there are 20 5* characters in Classics, this number will drop to 0.8%.

Maintaining a static 15% pull rate just won't work out in the long run. Newer players will have no hope of reaching the promised land and roster strength will increasingly skew toward older players.

Maybe a solution:
    Create a new, more expensive CP purchase category with a 5% draw rate per 5* character (4* characters can fill the gaps). Prevent noobs from screwing up their scaling by requiring a certain Shield Rank (I'm arbitrarily choosing this, but maybe level 70+) to unlock this purchase category.

To provide an example if this were implemented today... the overall draw rate of 5* characters would increase to 45% because there are 9 5* characters in Classics. Each would have a 5% chance of being drawn. You would have an overall 55% chance of drawing a 4*.

Tomorrow, when there are 15 5*s in Classics, the overall draw rate for 5*s would increase to 75% and the overall draw rate of 4*s would decrease to 25%.

Pitfalls:
    This model won't maintain the 5% draw rate per 5* character after there are 20 5* characters. Maybe implement some sort of character rotation or provide players the ability to choose which 5* characters should/shouldn't show up. This solution seems kinda clunky and convoluted, but it'd theoretically work.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    This is what I was going to suggest. The cost could even be variable.

A couple examples, using 5* costs only, but I don't think changes like this should be limited to the 5* tier.
    • Example 1: Lower costs on powers when the character has one or more powers at 5. The base cost per cover stays at 720 CP, but once you get a power to 5, the cost on the other two drops to 360 CP. If you get two powers to 5, the third power is dropped to 240 CP.
    • Example 2: Lower costs based on how many covers the character has in total, rather than how many are maxed. At 0-5 covers, cost is unchanged at 720 CP. Each cover after the fourth adds a cumulative discount of 60 CP, so it goes from 720 to 660 to 600... down to 240 CP if you have a character at 12 covers and just want to buy the 13th.
    • Example 3: Mix and match! Lower costs for all covers when powers hit 5, and according to total powers! 30 CP discount per cover above four! 100 CP discount per power at five covers! 80 CP discount per power at four covers! Watch players develop strategies over the right order to build characters in purely out of CP! (Maybe don't do this one.)

The first scenario is good, but the others would just mean that the person having worse luck by getting all their covers in one colour suffers more when they would seem to be the ones that need more help.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Just do what I do.... play the same two 5* as your primary characters for the next year until you have enough CP to make a good run at new characters. Problem solved
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Wobby wrote:
    1x OML and 2x Black Bolt through direct purchase. 2160 to change the face of my game? Yes.

Your 435 OML going to 450 isn't a positive change though. If your Bolt is 4/3/4 then sure...

Actually, the MMR change going from 435 to 450 was notable and positive. Fifth yellow cover is a significant boost in durability when tangling with even single champ 5* teams, and so are those few base health points; between the two, the ability to interact with more teams at lower risk of wiping was quite positive.

Bolt was even worse than that: after CS swaps, he ended up 4/2/5. Fishing in classics with a dead-draw color was an exercise in potential frustration and wasted CP that I was unwilling to engage in, compared to the immediate value of getting a fully operational Bolt (and therefore being able to win progression CP more reliably immediately afterward). With even-faster ISO access, the 4* dead draw problem would be reduced and I might have gone fishing with those 72 draws, but the odds of having useful covers were too low compared to my narrow 4* champion pool. Competing in the T10 PvP pool... it made the difference I desired.

Not all 5*s are equal, and not many are trying to swim in the shark pool of top tier PvP with a relatively young roster.