Clash of the Titans- Where's Miles

Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Why isn't Miles the 4* character for this cycle?
After 1.3 years he should have been out long enough to make the cycle.

Comments

• Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    And I beat it with him last time. I was excited to play with him again. He did get respecced recently? Not sure. Birgby has him listed as the current clash.

I was going to wait on dumping iso into Rulk until next week, definitely not a bad investment, just hadn't planned on spending it earlier on him. Mayeb they are trimming to like 30 clashes a cycle or something (30 is just a guess, I haven't counted)?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    He was reworked recently and maybe that triggered their "this is a new character that hasn't been essential in 2 PvEs" rule? Since his reworked version hasn't been required enough yet? Shouldn't matter, but I'm fine with it. The Rulk crash is one of the easiest ones there is. Maybe if we are lucky we'll get another double crash this week or next!
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    He was reworked recently and maybe that triggered their "this is a new character that hasn't been essential in 2 PvEs" rule? Since his reworked version hasn't been required enough yet? Shouldn't matter, but I'm fine with it. The Rulk crash is one of the easiest ones there is. Maybe if we are lucky we'll get another double crash this week or next!
    You are probably right, but that makes little sense on their part since Mile's rework seemed to be just fixing a bug in his implementation.
    I'm more bummed that its 5 days closer to when I'll feel the obligation to put more ISO into Elektra.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trump deported him and he's having trouble getting back over the wall.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Red Hulk in the vault means Miles got skipped?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Red Hulk in the vault means Miles got skipped?
    "Spider man" should be before "Thunderbolt Ross" so it seems so
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    His rebalance should not be the reason his Crash is potentially skipped because IW had a rebalance literally a week prior to her Crash plus Mile's rebalance was very small tweaks that did not change his character overall.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That could be it, but it doesn't make much sense since people have had ample opportunity to get Miles' covers at this Point - it's not like the rework trashed every rostered Morales and forced everyone to start over from scratch.
    Ah well, we'll see. Hopefully he'll be reinserted soon.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Trump deported him and he's having trouble getting back over the wall.

Word is Miles found 5 purple tiles, but the 6th just isn't lining up.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Apologies if I have missed the point of the op. But I thought he was confirmed as per brigby on the Feb upcoming thread:

Sweet (2/7/2017)
    Gamora
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Loki
    Daken (Classic)
    Squirrel Girl
    Required: Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Yoik wrote:
    Apologies if I have missed the point of the op. But I thought he was confirmed as per brigby on the Feb upcoming thread:

Sweet (2/7/2017)
    Gamora
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Loki
    Daken (Classic)
    Squirrel Girl
    Required: Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
    He was, but the first 4* cover in the taco vault is always the one for current required character. And there is Red Hulk instead of Miles, so there are two options:
    - they gave the wrong cover to the vault,
    - they stealth skipped Miles and switch to the next required character which is Red Hulk.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    ah, fair enough. Either is fine personally for me but 2 easy token wins is more preferable. Perhaps when a toon is tweaked it resets its " age ".
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obvious solution to this conundrum, run both Rulk and Miles this week!
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Bright answered in the event section.apparently there's a glitch when miles fights starlord,his opponent.there will be a fix and then miles will be back up.no date for it yet.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Yes, that's correct. Star-Lord would have been one of the opponents, and the developers were encountering the AP bug in that instance, so they decided to postpone Miles's DDQ until that issue is fixed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Yes, that's correct. Star-Lord would have been one of the opponents, and the developers were encountering the AP bug in that instance, so they decided to postpone Miles's DDQ until that issue is fixed.

Can they run two DDQ's next week or the week after... like they did during the Professor X bug? We need more crashes icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

This seems to be implying "testing". icon_e_surprised.gif I trust this deviant behavior was immediately curtailed icon_lol.gif

I think he's referring to the bug in production where Star-Lord is increasing opponents AP costs in addition to reducing friendly costs.