Did someone forget to flip the switch to AER?

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I'm very excited for the new events in Aether Revolt. However, the events seem to be missing. It's disappointing to still be trudging through Fateful Showdown, Terror in the Shadows, and Emrakul's Corruption. I mean, we're several sets beyond caring about werewolves and eldrazi. What happened to the new stuff?

I've heard that Revolt against the Consulate appeared briefly before disappearing. Was there a bug? If so, why not run the other new events until that one's fixed? Did someone hit the "oh no, quick, put it back on Fateful Showdown" button and then forget to turn it back to AER?

Any way we can get some communication regarding this? Thanks.

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You heard correctly. Revolt Against the Consulate did show up briefly in the Hub. Last I saw it around 850 players had already joined the event. Sadly it was pulled and replaced with OtGW part 1. I think we are all as anxious and dumbfounded as you. It would be nice to get an explanation or at least a "hey guys, sorry about that. New event coming________."

Makes me think they jumped the gun with the entire Aether Revolt release. Wonder if they'll be ready for the Valentine's day event out if that'll get pulled too?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. The brief appearance of 'Revolt Against the Consulate' was in fact released in error.

Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding when the Aether Revolt events are planning to occur, with the exception of Angel's Embrace. That is the special Valentine's Day PvP event, which will begin next Tuesday the 14th.

(Pst. That means Valentine's Day is next Tuesday. Start planning stuff for your significant others icon_razz.gif)