No Black Vortex Vault?

Team_Jacob
Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm a little disappointed that there's not a black vortex vault. Isn't there normally one?

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think any PvP events have vaults. I could be mistaken.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think any PvP events have vaults. I could be mistaken.
    You are not mistaken. Off-season PvPs do have discounted tokens though.
  • Quebbster
    Huh. Looks like Black Vortex doesn't have special tokens, just regular Heroic tokens.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Huh. Looks like Black Vortex doesn't have special tokens, just regular Heroic tokens.
    Those tokens had the same odds as heroic tokens anyway, so I guess it makes sense to consolidate them.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    There's always a discounted vault in the off season for the PvP events. Black Vortex always has a 40 pack for 10K Hero Points. Strange that it isn't there for this event, wondering will this be the norm going forward. Any response from the developers or Brigby would be great.
  • Quebbster
    Koffitok wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Those tokens had the same odds as heroic tokens anyway, so I guess it makes sense to consolidate them.
    They were also cheaper. I was actually considering buying an off-season 40-pack sooner or later. Guess I am saving my HP for events now.
    DaBeast911 wrote:
    There's always a discounted vault in the off season for the PvP events. Black Vortex always has a 40 pack for 10K Hero Points. Strange that it isn't there for this event, wondering will this be the norm going forward. Any response from the developers or Brigby would be great.
    That's not a vault, that's just a token pack. The vaults are the one where you see what you might get, for a token pack you can get anything.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Oops, I did mean tokens. And yes, I was looking forward to buying a 40-pack for ~1k hp less.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's Heroic instead of a special set of event tokens. I don't think it was like that before. I guess because it's off-season? It seems like they did the same with LRs as well.
  • Quebbster
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Yeah, it's Heroic instead of a special set of event tokens. I don't think it was like that before. I guess because it's off-season? It seems like they did the same with LRs as well.
    The Lightning round tokens were removed quite a long while ago, I Think mostly because people complained they were Worth less than regular Heroic tokens since most people didn't care much for increased draw rates on the featured 3* characters at the expense of all other 3* characters. This is streamlining and means there's one token page less to scroll through (two in the middle of the off-season week), but it's still a bummer to lose out on the discounted 40-packs.
    I guess maybe they sold too well in comparison to regular 40-packs?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Add me to the list of disappointed. I was looking forward to buying a discounted 40 pack.

I'm hoping to see them return for Balance of Power but i'm prepared for another disappointment.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    And no balance of power cover packs. Did i miss the announcement that offseason special event token cover packs would no longer be sold? Was there anything special for the Valentine's Day pvp last year?

I'd rather not buy 2 pve vault 40 packs. 1 legendary token, 3 4*s and 22 3*s doesn't seem to me to be as good as what might come out of 2 heroic 40 packs.