Quick Match Table

Options
Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Am I really assuming that if 1st place has double the points of second and those below that that person is playing that many games more?

Comments

• PastrySpider
    PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's right. Keep in mind top QB players can get 150+ points an hour legitimately. More than double that and you may be looking at cheaters.
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    the really fast guys can average at least 180 per hour and some of them never ever sleep lol.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's just plain sad.
    How is anyone "normal" ever meant to get any rewards.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The top reward is not for normal players. You must be really good, dedicated for a long stretch (with no sleep), and rocking top tier cards/decks/PW.

Try a more attainable idea like getting top 150. Normal players can do that with a level 60 Koth or Nahiri deck.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's just plain sad.
    How is anyone "normal" ever meant to get any rewards.

If you buy a Big Box of Shadows Over Innistrad, you've got about a 2% chance of getting a Deploy the Gatewatch. Good luck!
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The top reward is not for normal players. You must be really good, dedicated for a long stretch (with no sleep), and rocking top tier cards/decks/PW.

Try a more attainable idea like getting top 150. Normal players can do that with a level 60 Koth or Nahiri deck.
    I was doing top 50 easily with koth lvl 40 then 50 (I thought I stay at low lvl so I wont encounter heavy lvl60 decks) how wrong was I.... icon_twisted.gif
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ai matches you up with up to 10 levels higher found that out the hard way, lol but koth with a good tuning is easy enough to get top150 i do most times i try.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    ai matches you up with up to 10 levels higher found that out the hard way, lol but koth with a good tuning is easy enough to get top150 i do most times i try.
    5 for quick battle either way unless something has changed...
  • RhysMarkov
    RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I concur on the amount of dedication required to get into the top 10. The few times I've managed to do it, I had to play this to the exclusion of everything else. That being said, I'm usually now content to break into the top 50, and even then I'm doing it for the crystals more than anything else, and I'll only put forth that effort if I really need the crystals right then, say if there's a PW I want that's leaving the Vault soon or I just can't wait to open a fresh Big Box. Most of the time now I just use QB as a test bed for new deck ideas.