to drop or not? curious on thoughts.

Options
daveomite
daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 30 characters, many of which are not leveled. Curious if I should level any of these, or if maybe they are a drop candidate.

Venom 5/5 lvl 5
Daken 5/4 lvl 6
Moonstone 4/4/3 lvl 7

I have not added iso to any, as I really haven't had need for any of them. Have been tempted to level up both Draken and Venom, as they both do seem useful, and constant fight them on other teams.

I also have Rags 2/0...so only a lvl 17

Also still have Hawkeye 5/5 lvl 35.

bullseye 4/5 lvl 35 (useful in some matches for protect tiles)

Modern Hawkeye 5/5/3 lvl 43

Was holding on to them because I know mhawk is buffed at times. Hawk not so sure about.

Also have 3-4 3 star characters, don't want to drop, but haven't been lucky with getting any covers for them. GSW, capSR, Hulk and Patch, all with just one cover. Hood is 1/1/1. Spidey is 1/2. Daredevil is 1/0/4. BP is 2/1/1. MThor is 0/3/2. xWolvie is 0/2/1. All of those last ones, leveled as high as I can with the covers I have, none overly useful unless buffed or I manage to get more covers.

Reason I ask is because on my 44th daily reward, I got a black Doom cover. He's one that i'd like to add. I'm fine adding more slots, but curious on thoughts from others before wasting more HP.

However, I know I've read others say there have been villain pvp's before, and given their reuse of events, may be good to hold onto them all.

I mean, if I had yelena or bagman in my roster right now, I would be an easy decision, lol.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would just keep on adding roster slots until you have enough for every character in the game. You never know when a character is going to be required for a tournament.
  • Dron't drop Draken Draveomite. icon_cool.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    I would just keep on adding roster slots until you have enough for every character in the game. You never know when a character is going to be required for a tournament.

thanks. That's pretty much why I've held on to them all this time. I just have seen other rosters with fewer characters, just wondering if there was some trend out there from dropping certain characters to not.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Dron't drop Draken Draveomite. icon_cool.gif

Lol... sounds like a plan.

Leaning more to just go ahead and add a new roster spot up. I know I'll need to sooner or later anyway.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

thanks. That's pretty much why I've held on to them all this time. I just have seen other rosters with fewer characters, just wondering if there was some trend out there from dropping certain characters to not.

I think most people tend to spend all of their HP on roster slots and nothing else until they have every available character. I'm personally spending money on even more slots after that to prepare for the future so I don't have to worry about having enough HP for slots later on: I currently have 44 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

I think most people tend to spend all of their HP on roster slots and nothing else until they have every available character. I'm personally spending money on even more slots after that to prepare for the future so I don't have to worry about having enough HP for slots later on: I currently have 44 icon_e_biggrin.gif

hmm...not a bad idea at all NP...thanks. makes sense as I know eventually I'll need more slots.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

hmm...not a bad idea at all NP...thanks. makes sense as I know eventually I'll need more slots.

Er, meant HP, not money. I'm currently sitting on 9k HP that I've built up recently, so I'm considering spending some on covers, although I still can't bring myself to do it.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Gotcha...I don't have anywhere bear that much HP right now. I'd have to buy or win more basically. I have just enough to add one more slot right now though
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Go ahead and drop venom, he's a 1* so getting covers again isn't that bad, and you haven't spent any ISO either
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you want to drop venom go for it but if you can afford mew slots do that instead ore slots are always worth the hp there is no better way to spend them.
  • I'd drop either Classic Hawk or Venom, since you'll probably end up getting tons of them through standard pull tokens whenever you do end up with more slot space, and there's tons of covers for them in the Prologue section.
  • Yeah, Venom is very droppable. I know you have him fully covered, but you'll be able to get him back quickly if you ever want him (and you'll likely only ever want him to combo with Spidey, and you won't have him fully loaded for a while.)

I wouldn't recommend dropping any 2*s - You never know when they'll be featured and/or required for a PvE mission.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Thanks faustain and copps.

I've actually already completed all of the prologue, including getting all the rewards, so, already have gotten and wound up selling a lot of hawk/venom covers that I didn't need.

I just went ahead and added a new spot for doom. May wind up dropping someone later, but figure I'll hold on to them for now at least. Just haven't spent iso on them due to getting obw and Thor to 85, psy 2/4/5 (89) and punisher 2/2/3 (69). Still working on cstorm 5/5/3 ( 71), magsnm 3/5/5 (55), wolvie 5/5/3 (55) and ares 3/2/5 (61). So, lots of others I'm focused on spending iso before any of the others...unless I luck up and get more 3* covers, or land in top 100 of current pve for HT, which I'm currently in top 80 or so.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Alarron wrote:
    Yeah, Venom is very droppable. I know you have him fully covered, but you'll be able to get him back quickly if you ever want him (and you'll likely only ever want him to combo with Spidey, and you won't have him fully loaded for a while.)

I wouldn't recommend dropping any 2*s - You never know when they'll be featured and/or required for a PvE mission.

Thanks. Yeah, out of those three..I was leaning with venom or moonstone, but more to him due to 1*. But going to wait a bit before chopping off heads for now, lol.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Oh, and thanks to everyone for the replies and advice...really do appreciate it.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Correction...forgot a played a few nodes. Currently #19 with just under 45,000 points. Still working on it and will obviously change once I go to sleep I'm sure, lol
  • One thing not to overlook - tanking. I use my stable of low levels guys for tanking. Either in lightning rounds with a tank team or by relentless retreating. If you're retreating you need a deep roster to make an impact on your MMR.