Make PvE Civil War non-boss nodes a bit easier for beginner

Rika
Rika Posts: 20
My alliance is currently in round 5 against Iron Man. The only non-IM node I can play is a 2 wave node with The Punisher (Max). I tried it 7x now, with different teams and strategies without success. Punisher is unboosted, so only ~4200 HP. My boosted characters are about the same, or even lower (Storm, Hawkeye). So why do I get Colossus, IM Hulkbuster, Cap Marvel and Sentry, Quake, Black Panther, all at ~6000 HP? For a meager ~1900 points? The situation doesn't get better with the amount of match4s and match5s the enemies are making (they tend to have 5-15 of those per match, I have 0-5). So even if I clear the first wave, the amount of AP they have collected is ridiculuous...

Comments

• Rika
    OK, I waited for 8h to get new nodes. Same disaster. Against Prof X, Cyclops, Cap Marvel. My team: 1x match5, 1x match4. Enemy team: 5x match5, plus numerous match4s and match3s from the cascades. The devs should be ashamed...
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    It would be really nice if the levels of the reset nodes tied to the round you are one. The reset knows should never be higher level than the actual boss (cap them at 75% of the bosses level). Also if there are going to be wave nodes at least have them with some non-movers.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War designer makes scaling to Boss round impossible, as you could fight a round 8 boss, but leave the other boss untouched, then fight that bosses trivial sub missions to unlock the round 8 boss you're actually fighting.
    Sub mission level should instead be tied to the number of sub missions you've beaten. Then a person joining on the second or third day of the event will have starting difficulty sub missions, while people who have cleared every mission in every reset will see an actual challenge as intended.
  • Rika
    Next round and the disaster continues. Now I shall fight 4* and 5* heroes at lvl 115+. Just to add that my best heroes in this event are 2* lvl 96 champ Wolverine, 2* Hawkeye lvl 107 (boosted) and 3* Punisher lvl 100 (boosted). On top, there seems to be a bug in my boss games, IM happily uses his reinforced tiles to deal 3x damage and get 3x AP. I don't if I match them away. It's frustrating, my next progression reward is the Hawkeye cover, which I won't get now, thanks to a poorly designed and buggy event icon_e_sad.gif.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I stopped later completely. And in the future I will concentrate on PVP.

PVE events like Civil War are not worth to play it.

1. to high difficulty
    2. ridiculous low prices
    3. to many unreachable prices

Civil War is even worse, if not all alliance member do fight on the same side.

For example, only 2x50HP, which I didn't even could get. Normally I get in a normal PVE 250HP - 400HP.

If the difficulty and the prices are not getting better, I will stop playing such events like Civil War.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now, in CW, the nodes get harder and harder every 8 hours. Which is very tough for beginners. Once the nodes are too hard, there's nothing that can be done.

Scaling should be tied to how well you've done on that boss, instead of an arbitrary time-based scaling.