Best Builds Post R119

themoneymaker
themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
Hey everyone, I used to run this post way back and thought I would update it for you guys, if no one wants it I'll delete it, just let me know.

1 star.png
Iron Man : 5 redtile.png / 5 yellowtile.png /3 bluetile.png
Storm : 5 greentile.png / 3 yellowtile.png / 5 blacktile.png
Spider-Man : 3 redtile.png / 5 bluetile.png /5 purpletile.png

2 star.png
Ares : 4 greenflag.png / 4 redflag.png / 5 : yellowflag.png
Bag-man: 5 purpleflag.png / 3 blueflag.png / 5 yellowflag.png
Bullseye : 3 purpleflag.png / 5 blackflag.png / 5 greenflag.png
Captain America 3 yellowflag.png /5 redflag.png / 5 blueflag.png
Daken: 3 purpleflag.png / 5 blackflag.png /5 blueflag.png OR 5/5/3 depending on play style
Hawkeye : 3 blueflag.png / 5 redflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png
Human Torch : 5 redflag.png / 3 blackflag.png / 5 greenflag.png
Magneto : 5 purpleflag.png / 3 blueflag.png / 5 redflag.png
Moonstone : 3 purpleflag.png / 5 redflag.png / 5 blackflag.png
Ms. Marvel : 3 redflag.png / 5 blackflag.png / 5 yellowflag.png
OBW : 3 purpleflag.png / 5 blueflag.png / 5 blackflag.png
Storm : 5 greenflag.png / 5 blueflag.png /3 yellowflag.png
Thor : 3 redflag.png /5 yellowflag.png / 5 greenflag.png
Wolverine : 5 greenflag.png / 5 redflag.png / 3 yellowflag.png

3 star.png

Beast: 5/3/5
Black Panther : 5/3/5
Black Widow: 5/3/5
Blade : 3/5/5
Bullseye : 5/3/5
Captain America 3/5/5
Captain Marvel: 3/5/5
Colossus : 5/5/3
Cyclops : 3/5/5
Daken : 5/5/3
Daredevil: 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 depending on opponent and if you've champed
Deadpool: 5/5/3
Doctor Doom: 5/5/3
Doc Ock: 5/5/3
Doctor Strange: 5/3/5
Falcon: 5/5/3
Gamora : 5/5/3
Hulk: 5/3/5
Human Torch: 5/3/5
Iron Fist: 3/5/5
Iron Man : 5/3/5
Kamala Khan: 3/5/5
Loki : 5/3/5
Luke Cage: 5/3/5
Magneto: 5/5/3
Mystique: 3/5/5
Psylocke: 5/3/5
Punisher: 3/5/5
Quicksilver: 3/5/5 or 5/3/5
Ragnarok: 3/5/5 ?
Rocket & Groot: 5/3/5
Scarlet Witch: 3/5/5
Sentry: 3/5/5
She-Hulk: 3/5/5
Squirrel Girl: 3/5/5
Storm: 5/3/5
Thanos: 5/3/5
The Hood: 5/5/3
Thor: 3/5/5
Vision: 5/5/3
Wolverine: 5/3/5

4 star.png
(Coming soon)

5 star.png

Black Bolt: 5 greentile.png / 5 blacktile.png /3 yellowtile.png
Black Panther : too early but I'd say 5 blacktile.png / 3 yellowtile.png / 5 redtile.png
Black Widow: 4 purpletile.png / 4 redtile.png / 5 blacktile.png
Bruce Banner: 5 bluetile.png / 3 blacktile.png / 5 purpletile.png
Captain America: 5 yellowtile.png / 5 redtile.png / 5 bluetile.png
Doctor Strange: 5 bluetile.png / 3 purpletile.png / 5 yellowtile.png
Green Goblin : 5 blacktile.png / 5 purpletile.png / 3 yellowtile.png
Iron Man: 5 redtile.png / 5 bluetile.png / 3 yellowtile.png
Old Man Logan : 5 blacktile.png / 5 yellowtile.png / 3 redtile.png
Pheonix: 3 greentile.png / 5 purpletile.png / 5 redtile.png
Silver Surfer: 3 bluetile.png / 5 redtile.png / 5 blacktile.png
Spider-man: 5 bluetile.png / 3 greentile.png / 5 purpletile.png
Thanos : 5 blacktile.png / 3 purpletile.png / 5 greentile.png
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• themoneymaker
    Some things about this post: the reason I used different symbols and set outs is to see what people like better and then I'll change the entire post to those symbols so please let me know what you prefer.

Once I know what symbols people prefer I'll finish the four stars.

If you disagree with any build please let me know, especially with the 5 stars because I wasn't too sure about them

And if you think the post is pointless let me know.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to give you some feedback regarding 5s

BW: 4/4/5 (or 5/4/4 if there are a lot of countdowns/goons)
    Cap: 5/3/5 , yellow is so much better after the buff (also because there are no team Cap in 5 land)
    PH: 3/5/5
    OML: Most people run 5/5/3

And then Thanos 5/3/5
  • themoneymaker
    Polares wrote:
    I would like to give you some feedback regarding 5s

BW: 4/4/5 (or 5/4/4 if there are a lot of countdowns/goons)
    Cap: 5/3/5 , yellow is so much better after the buff (also because there are no team Cap in 5 land)
    PH: 3/5/5
    OML: Most people run 5/5/3

And then Thanos 5/3/5

cheers for the feedback, totally forgot about Thanos, I was a bit lost in 5 star land and tried to go off how I would build the characters if I had enough characters
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares's best build is 4/4/5. Green only gains being 1 AP cheaper with the 5th cover which nobody cares for since you want to amass lots of green before firing it, anyway.
  • themoneymaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Ares's best build is 4/4/5. Green only gains being 1 AP cheaper with the 5th cover which nobody cares for since you want to amass lots of green before firing it, anyway.

Fixed, thank you
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    In the 3 star.png land, i have some suggestions.

5 Red for Black widow is not useful and 5 Purple is must. So 5/3/5.

Daken has only 1 active and so it must be 5 blue. 5/3/5 to create more Strikes and Damage at the cost of some healing.

Similar case for Mags. It should be 3/5/5 or nothing. There are better Yellow + Red combos.

Bullseye also should be 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 . Not taking advantage of Black passive defeats the purpose of using him.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love threads like these and REALLY appreciate it all in one place! As I'm deciding who to invest Iso into in 4* land it's helpful to know if I'm close to ideal composition (like my Red Hulk is 2/5/5 and I know his ideal is 3/5/5 so he's a safe one to invest in).

All I ask is if there is an alternate build that you post which one is the preferred build for most matches and the rationale for the alternative build. Thanks for doing this!
  • Daredevil217
    Here's my contribution:

* You gave 2* Marvel 2 red powers

* Beast's best build is 5/5/3. Take that sweet AOE damage over non-true heal and some protect.

* Widow's best is 5/3/5. Red is awful.

* Bullseye is 5/5/3.

* I'd argue 5/3/5 for cyclops. AP generation is nice but after one cast even at 3, the team up tiles can dry up. I prefer the two nukes. I'd use your build as a secondary if you need a red battery (but IM40 does that better with Yellow AP anyway).

* I think Daredevils primary build is the 3/5/5, with 5/5/3 the niche build against teams relying on strike/attack/protect. That stun is amazing and should be 5. Red is unreliable.

* 5/5/3 is easily Deadpools best. Red is great.

* I think 3/3/5 is Dooms ideal. His black is not very good, so I'd rather use 5 Blue to fuel Black and use that AP elsewhere.

* I run Gamora at 3/5/5 and think if not the optimal build should be the alternate build "if she's boosted and tanking". Those strikes can be as game over as Patches without the drawbacks.

* I switch between 5 red and 5 blue daily depending on who I pair IM40 with to fuel. Both are equally viable.

* Mag3etos ideal is 3/5/5.

* I like 3/5/5 for Quicksilver. You get what you pay for with Idle Hands at 3 covers (tile swap), the damage increase is negligible. I'd like to hear an argument for the alternative.

* For Rags I like 5/5/3 as an alternative build for defense where the self damage doesn't affect your health packs.

* Rocket and Groot I'd say 3/5/5, switch to 5/3/5 when you need to heal.

* Sentry (like Rags) I like 5 in red for defense
  • themoneymaker
    Thanks for catching the widow mistake guys, I must've been tired or something when typing the three stars. As for characters having alternate builds depending on the situation, I kinda wanna limit that so the post isn't too confusing/ too complicated, I wanted it to be a quick and easy reference, however I will take that into consideration as I type up the four star characters.
  • themoneymaker
    Here's my contribution:

* You gave 2* Marvel 2 red powers

* Beast's best build is 5/5/3. Take that sweet AOE damage over non-true heal and some protect.

* Widow's best is 5/3/5. Red is awful.

* Bullseye is 5/5/3.

* I'd argue 5/3/5 for cyclops. AP generation is nice but after one cast even at 3, the team up tiles can dry up. I prefer the two nukes. I'd use your build as a secondary if you need a red battery (but IM40 does that better with Yellow AP anyway).

* I think Daredevils primary build is the 3/5/5, with 5/5/3 the niche build against teams relying on strike/attack/protect. That stun is amazing and should be 5. Red is unreliable.

* 5/5/3 is easily Deadpools best. Red is great.

* I think 3/3/5 is Dooms ideal. His black is not very good, so I'd rather use 5 Blue to fuel Black and use that AP elsewhere.

* I run Gamora at 3/5/5 and think if not the optimal build should be the alternate build "if she's boosted and tanking". Those strikes can be as game over as Patches without the drawbacks.

* I switch between 5 red and 5 blue daily depending on who I pair IM40 with to fuel. Both are equally viable.

* Mag3etos ideal is 3/5/5.

* I like 3/5/5 for Quicksilver. You get what you pay for with Idle Hands at 3 covers (tile swap), the damage increase is negligible. I'd like to hear an argument for the alternative.

* For Rags I like 5/5/3 as an alternative build for defense where the self damage doesn't affect your health packs.

* Rocket and Groot I'd say 3/5/5, switch to 5/3/5 when you need to heal.

* Sentry (like Rags) I like 5 in red for defense

For some characters like cyclops, quicksilver and bullseye I went off their individual polls because I haven't maxed them or played them as much personally. For Doom I'd say 5/5/3 is optimal because his pink is somewhat too situational for my taste and I've had his black do some major damage but I'll double check. I'll re-read all the posts and polls for accuracy, thank you for the reply.
  • SirHuggyBear
    SirHuggyBear Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I would love, love, love to see this thread always pinned to the top of the page and have each character's name link to their own (already existing) forum page.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    3* Widow is at least as good at 5 greentile.png /4 redtile.png /4 purpletile.png -- Her purple can accomplish very nearly as much with 5 transformations as 6, and the third shot makes a significant difference when you're using her red to clear off enemy special tiles.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I use Quicksilver at 5/3/5. I generally play him with Iron Fist and either Professor X or a strong red/blue/yellow user (e.g. 4cyke, Peggy, Thora, IM46 if you have him).

The reason I keep black at five is that my typical play style with QS and IF is to try and make a mini-winfinite of repeated critical matches. The best way to keep this going is to have at least a couple of locked tiles on the board so black is cheap, and then make your crit matches in black or purple (so IF can make more black, or use his punch if you already have lots of black) and just keep the train rolling. Meanwhile, PX or whoever else on your team pummels the opponent with critical damage and/or the extra AP you're likely collecting from cascades.

I actively avoid setting off Supersonic's damage because I want to keep his black and green as cheap as possible. Therefore, I prefer to get the extra damage for each tile swap, which I am often doing multiple times per turn.

If the board is favorable and you are careful with your tile swaps, this team is capable of beating very difficult nodes (including Civil War bosses); the main problem is that neither IF nor QS has a whole lot of health and an unfavorable board leaves them exposed.

If you use Quicksilver in PVP, 3/5/5 is much better if you leave him out on defense, but 5/3/5 works really well for me in PVE.
  • themoneymaker
    Thank you all for replying to the post and voting on the icons, I will update the 4* and fix the 3 stars by Thursday or Friday. Every section of the post will now use the yellowtile.png icons and I will try to link the individual forums to each character, however this step may take a bit longer. Any feedback is always appreciated and taken into consideration.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Wanted to chime in on BSS. I use him 4/4/5 vs OML/Phoenix, and 5/5/3 the rest of the time (including PvE).

Edit: knew I'd forgotten something. IM46 blue is useless vs teams with red as strongest color, so you sometimes want him 5/3/5.

Edit 2: Thanos go 3/5/5 vs tetris ultron
    And I like 5/5/3 for Surfer (was usually 4/4/5 before his buff)
  • Daredevil217
    Wondering if there's an ETA on the 4s.
  • themoneymaker
    My sincerest apologies to anyone interested in this thread, I have been extremely busy the past couple of weeks and will be busy for the next 4-6 weeks at least. If anyone could take over this thread I'd be much obliged but if not then I think it should be buried or deleted until I have time to complete it.

Once again a major apology to anyone who was waiting for this thread to be a quick and easy guide and for how long it has taken.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    icon_peggycarter.png The bane of PvP thanks to her yellow. All 5-5-3 builds are viable, but most players will go 5 yellow. Against Wasp, 5/5/3 is the undoubted best since you can't stun Wasp anyway, and you'll want that red in case Wasp creates super-strong protect tiles
    After using my Peggy-Champion very much in the last month (she`s part of my to-go team in Shield Sim), I have to say that her best build is 5/3/5. Peggy´s red & blue abilities are dealing a lot less damage at three covers (Red: 6751>2873; Blue: 5292>936 per CD tile). I´m honestly unwilling to gave up lots of damage for +1AP for enemy power cost (which isn´t a big deal anyway) .
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I would suggest 5/5/3 for 3* Iron Man to make him an AP generator for other characters.

Combined with Iceman, Peggy Carter, or Thoress that's probably the best configuration.

5/3/5 is only useful if Iron Man is your most powerful character.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I would suggest 5/5/3 for 3* Iron Man to make him an AP generator for other characters.

Combined with Iceman, Peggy Carter, or Thoress that's probably the best configuration.

5/3/5 is only useful if Iron Man is your most powerful character.
    Iron Man is redflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png - 5/3/5 is the build you're probably thinking about.