Professor X invisibility

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
On two different instance, icon_professorx.png was touched by an AoE attack while invisible. Wasn't he supposed to be impervious to damage of any type while invisible?

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    It is my understanding that airborne AND invisible can still be damaged by aoe
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working as intended. AOE is supposed to hurt invisible targets. The analogy I once heard was, if you shoot a gun somewhere close to an invisible target, the target will be fine. If you throw a grenade somewhere close to an invisible target, the explosion will hit it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Histamiel wrote:
    On two different instance, icon_professorx.png was touched by an AoE attack while invisible. Wasn't he supposed to be impervious to damage of any type while invisible?
    It's one of those things a lot of people have to learn by experience, but Invisibility only blocks targeted attacks. If something hits all enemies, invisible characters will be affected. Even if it targets random enemies, they could take the hit. But if you have to select a target, they're not available to be selected.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa wrote:
    It is my understanding that airborne AND invisible can still be damaged by aoe
    This is only half-correct. Airborne targets are protected from all skills and damage until they stop being airborne. This includes AoE and randomly targeted effects.

You can remove them from the match with Roar, no, wait, that's Pokémon.
  • Histamiel
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • Histamiel
    Thanks for the clarification.