When will we see another revision to 3* champ rewards?

MaxxPowerz
MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm referring to the 4* covers in particular - and whether or not 3* Captain Marvel will yield a 4* cover of her character.

There's a lot to unpackage here.

If I'm not mistaken 4*s now outnumber 3*s, so not every character can be represented as a champ reward.

And they just recently revised 3* Captain Marvel's 4* reward as Peggy.

But there are still some 3* characters handing out dupe covers. Both Thor and Thanos reward Red Hulk.

Just like to know if I should sell the 10 covers I'm sitting on, or keep adding to Captain Marvel's champ levels. I'm currently sitting at lvl 182, Peggy's cover, but I already have her champed. And 4* Captain Marvel is a total boss. She's currently at 3/1/2 on my roster.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If any such announcement would be made, it would probably be made during the offseason. I'd wait a week (if you can) and then apply the covers if nothing has been announced.
    Personally I don't holding back a 3* champion because you cannot use the 4* cover is shooting yourself in the foot a bit since it means you have to wait longer for the other champion rewards too, there's some good stuff there when you get to the second half...
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Selling 10 Captain covers just in hope they will change the recently updated reward structure - I would say no way. As Queb said - you might want to wait a while to see if there is announcement on this but then apply and don't look back. your Marvel is so far away that one cover would not change a thing anyway (and an extra cover for already championed Peggy is a nice thing).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I soft capped Rags, Psylocke, Colosuss, and Pun for about 2 seasons hoping to see some kind of change to their rewards and it wasn't worth it. I probably lost 6-10 levels for each characters. The season is almost over, so you could wait for the next season to see if there are any changes. If no changes are made, just take the levels.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep putting in the champion levels. You'll win the 4* covers some other way. I have so many champion levels on some of my 4*s that they're giving away LTs and 5cps.. and more! It's great. I'm glad I never soft-capped any of my champion 3*s. I can't wait to champion farm them in a year or so and do it all over again!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultimately the single 4* cover isn't worth delaying the rewards for the numerous copies of that 3* you'll junk while waiting. Just bite the bullet.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken 4*s now outnumber 3*s, so not every character can be represented as a champ reward.

One thing to keep in mind is that they might just not change it. I mean, not every 3* has a 2* that feeds into it, why do the 3*->4* feeders need to be even?

I would not put effort into waiting for change, especially when there's a chance that it may never happen in the first place.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that they might just not change it. I mean, not every 3* has a 2* that feeds into it, why do the 3*->4* feeders need to be even?

I would not put effort into waiting for change, especially when there's a chance that it may never happen in the first place.

That's and the fact that they've added 2 3* means that it isn't out of the question for them to change the balance again.

Also, I believe that if you take Howard and Dino out of the equation we're still at the point of more 3* characters to assign than 4* characters to assign them to (I want to say there's 3 that give out Red Hulk now).
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    When they announced that change last time, they didn't give any real rhyme or reason as to why they were doing it, or how often they would be doing it. So yeah, better to not have any expectations at all. Especially with them releasing a new 5 star without a 3-star coming with it this time. The game gives you enough opportunities to earn LTs, CP for pulls, and 4 star.png covers directly that it shouldn't be the end of the world if you go ahead and use those champ levels.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Also, I believe that if you take Howard and Dino out of the equation we're still at the point of more 3* characters to assign than 4* characters to assign them to (I want to say there's 3 that give out Red Hulk now).

Just 2. Used to be Thor and Sentry, but now Sentry gives Moon Knight. Thanos gives you RHulk though
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had just sold two of three doc ock covers to keep him at 182, then proceeded to pull a streak of 5 ocks. Just to keep from getting a 6th red carnage, just isn't worth it.

I know it hurts to sell off 4 star covers but they just aren't worth the grandiose price we use to apply to them a year ago.

Though making Thanos a dupe on purpose just makes no sense.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there an up-to-date chart for who gives what? Thanks.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there an up-to-date chart for who gives what? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37687