Messaging players on the MPQ?

Options
I have heard we will have the option of messaging players on the game itself. Does anyone know if we will only be able to message people from our own team or can we look up players outside of our team and message them?

Comments

• That's a question for this thread. Doesn't require it's own.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5717
  • Thanx for the heads up, would you happen to know the answer to my question?
  • From what I've read on here, you will only be able to message members of your own Alliance.
  • Badlands wrote:
    From what I've read on here, you will only be able to message members of your own Alliance.

Yeah my understanding is it's just an alliance chat.
  • That's a bit of an inconvenience.
  • Yeah, I'm glad it's just alliance chat, though. Being able to DM any player in-game might make things a little.... uncivilized....

You have one message!

*open*

"I was just about to tinykitty hit 1100 and shield up you tinykitty tinkykitty spawn of tinykitty. I tinykitty hope you and your whole tinykitty tinykitty get tinykitty with a tinykitty bocce ball set."
  • I would think that is what the report button was for. I just thought it would be great to message others who have not yet found the forum.
  • Amy-Lilith wrote:
    I would think that is what the report button was for. I just thought it would be great to message others who have not yet found the forum.

I agree for sure - it would be a great feature if properly moderated. Unfortunately, paying the necessary headcount to deal with the headache of investigating reports would probably be better spent hiring another coder/designer/playtester, given how lean these teams already run.
  • I don't know if anyone here plays Clash of Clans, but there you have a global chat and a clan (alliance) chat. Global chat is mostly used to search for new members for your clan, or to look for a clan.
    I think a global chat like that could work to help people find an alliance, because, let's face it, the only currently viable way to get into a decent alliance is using this (or another) forum.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I don't know if anyone here plays Clash of Clans, but there you have a global chat and a clan (alliance) chat. Global chat is mostly used to search for new members for your clan, or to look for a clan.
    I think a global chat like that could work to help people find an alliance, because, let's face it, the only currently viable way to get into a decent alliance is using this (or another) forum.

That's a great idea, but I think it's also pretty unlikely. That would require a ton of infrastructure that would make the salary of a moderator look like a bargain. icon_e_sad.gif