Bug - nodes don't reset the boss

thanos8587
thanos8587 Posts: 653
on finishing round one, the boss didnt reset. finishing round two, it did reset. finishing round three and no reset as yet.

is there an actual plan here???

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished all my nodes at the start of Round 2 and my alliance is now on Round 4 so I don't think the Boss pin resets after completing a round.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not meant to. It was a bug on the last alliance run event. Galactus wasn't it?
  • Twysta wrote:
    It's not meant to. It was a bug on the last alliance run event. Galactus wasn't it?

galactus resetting on round clears wasnt a bug. they changed it before the event and announced the change.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    So after you clear the essentials (and the following boss fights) you have to wait 8 hours to play again? I ran through the first ones thinking it would reset but we are now on round three and it still says I have to wait.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I didn't see anything in the announcement details of this event suggesting the boss would reset after a round clear. Did I miss something? As far as I can tell this is behaving as boss events always have.

The last run of Galactus specifically called out a change that would cause the boss to reset after a round clear. Given that this event was plagued by errors on the boss not unlocking after node clears, I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled this change back.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    So after you clear the essentials (and the following boss fights) you have to wait 8 hours to play again? I ran through the first ones thinking it would reset but we are now on round three and it still says I have to wait.

Correct. The main boss pin will reset, but the side essentials will not. So, you only get in one extra hit. Better than none at all though.
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    you might have to reboot MPQ to get it to show up
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:

It's supposed to, for this and any boss events going forward. Or so I was told.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I don't see it reported yet I will report here.

One of the clears (with boss on round 4) did not reopen the boss battle. It's an old bug from previous run but I guess it wasn't fixed. So far happened only once for me but I had only one full run at the boss.

-14k points. And counting.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 minutes? It took Modpolice 5 minutes to move this to bugs where it will be hidden. Fine. I am sure if this is a recurring issue they will have hands full with closing and moving threads. It should be in general as it receives visibility there. Oh well - enjoy your power.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it reset for me. I did my first run at around noon, and then at around 4pm, I received a boss defeated token for my alliance's efforts, and then the boss was unlocked again. So look out for that!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

galactus resetting on round clears wasnt a bug. they changed it before the event and announced the change.

They did? I must've missed it.
    My mistake.
    Carry on then.

42947349.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    5 minutes? It took Modpolice 5 minutes to move this to bugs where it will be hidden. Fine. I am sure if this is a recurring issue they will have hands full with closing and moving threads. It should be in general as it receives visibility there. Oh well - enjoy your power.

Bugs and Technical issues is where bug reports belong. Getting salty about it won't change that, and posting everything in General just makes that area disorganized and useless. Also, you may want to open a support ticket: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274

And no, I'm not the one that moved your post.