Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #76!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
A Frank discussion on Civil War

* Civil War Returns with special vault.
* New T'Challa
* Patch 119
​* And, this week featured character: Punisher!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e76.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I had to bing who 'Brian Fellows' was. I'm glad I did
    - Mr. F vs. Doom Crash was a bit tough, just shining a light on how he's a great team player, less a solo guy
    - Nova against Flaptain, on the other hand, was a slaughter
    - Ant-Man vs. Teen Jean should be a cake walk as well, looking forward to it
    - We are going for Team Cap over at Longbox Heroes alliance, my Rulk is already champed, need to get Spider-Lady closer, currently 3/5/2
    - All those She-Hulk and Squirrel Girl covers are gonna give me Legendary Tokens and 4-star covers, so bring it on!
    - This is the first time I purposely avoiding reading the powers of a new character, so I can hear it here for the first time
    - The update of the level up buttons, showing the full ISO needed to fully champ someone, regardless of your ISO, is the greatest change in the history of our great game
    - "I've seen Marilyn Manson live! I've seen his butt cheeks!"
    - My Big Pun is champed at level 274 4/5/4 another four star where really any build for him is killer
    - My vine is mess of two stars, just waiting to see who gets re-champed first
    - I WOULD throw 720 CP into an Old Man Logan, but I have ZERO red and you need at least one to do that
    - My reward of the week was a Bag-Man, now at level 114. Getting there!
    - The Clampett Family Tree is shaped like a donut
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dar Williams is mighty. In an understated way.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I got the Mr. Fantastic Crash on the first try (lvl 209, 5/3/5) with boosts, but even then it’s a lot of nervously eyeing where the purple is on the board or trying to beat him to blue tiles before he converts them all to black and takes away your stun. I do have an irrational urge to champ him though, if only because a rework must be coming soon (Right? RIGHT?) and that Carnage & Medusa combo sounds different enough to be fun.

Punisher’s Crash did have his Black start as Army of One. I’m always playing around with my Champs numbers on Frank, there not really a bad mix for him, depending on the team. One combo that worked nice was from the last boost week that had him and Peggy boosted. Peggy throws & stuns with her blue, then one shots an enemy with her red. Follow that up with Frank’s green and if anyone survives, you can get them with his black or just wait for Peggy’s blue to finish counting down.

If you like a character or have excess covers dying on the vine, 120 CP isn’t so bad. For every 4* cover you’re saving, think of it as 20 cp well saved or even well spent. (Unless it’s Eddie Venom).

It’s been a long while (too long) since I watched Stripes, but I’m pretty sure Francis’ term for the bunkmates touching his stuff is something that I couldn’t repeat here in the forums. (Speaking of things that haven’t aged well since the 80’s, Eddie Murphy used to use that term a lot, too. Actually his version was worse, but you get the idea).
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I won Mr. F's Crash but it took several tries. Given that he's being updated, it ought to be much easier next time even if I don't receive more covers for him in the meantime.
    --Ant-Man was a win on the first try with 12 covers on him at level 250. I was already holding a cover for him that I couldn't use. The Legendary token from the win gave me an Ant-Man cover that I could use so now I'm just saving the ISO to Champ him and apply that extra cover. Nice.
    --My alliance did our best ever for an alliance-based event in Civil War. We beat round seven of Team Iron Man in literally the last hour of the event. The Rulk covers allowed me to Champion him, making him my tenth 4-star Champion.
    --Including myself, there are four members of my alliance living in one house. I was doing all I could in my account and then borrowing their phones and playing their characters as much as I could. I really, really wanted those Rulk covers!
    --Wow. I was NOT paying attention to how long the Soul Gem season was. I missed several events and didn't do a single battle in Simulator.
    --I didn't receive a Black Panther cover and I'm OK with that. I know I'll have one eventually and I'm not in a hurry.
    --I love the new level up buttons. These are exactly what I've been hoping for.
    --Jeff "The Cardassian?" Please, please. I'm just plain Jeff.
    --All those Francis references and none from Deadpool? Slackers.
    --I currently have SIX red Hawkeyes dying on the vine. My rebuild is stuck at 5/5/1 and I just keep pulling red. Oy.
    --My only character at 12 covers right now is Iceman and he's 5/5/2 so I'm saving the 120CP just in case I pull one of his that I can't otherwise use.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    --I won Mr. F's Crash but it took several tries. Given that he's being updated, it ought to be much easier next time even if I don't receive more covers for him in the meantime.
    --Ant-Man was a win on the first try with 12 covers on him at level 250. I was already holding a cover for him that I couldn't use. The Legendary token from the win gave me an Ant-Man cover that I could use so now I'm just saving the ISO to Champ him and apply that extra cover. Nice.
    --My alliance did our best ever for an alliance-based event in Civil War. We beat round seven of Team Iron Man in literally the last hour of the event. The Rulk covers allowed me to Champion him, making him my tenth 4-star Champion.
    --Including myself, there are four members of my alliance living in one house. I was doing all I could in my account and then borrowing their phones and playing their characters as much as I could. I really, really wanted those Rulk covers!
    --Wow. I was NOT paying attention to how long the Soul Gem season was. I missed several events and didn't do a single battle in Simulator.
    --I didn't receive a Black Panther cover and I'm OK with that. I know I'll have one eventually and I'm not in a hurry.
    --I love the new level up buttons. These are exactly what I've been hoping for.
    --Jeff "The Cardassian?" Please, please. I'm just plain Jeff.
    --All those Francis references and none from Deadpool? Slackers.
    --I currently have SIX red Hawkeyes dying on the vine. My rebuild is stuck at 5/5/1 and I just keep pulling red. Oy.
    --My only character at 12 covers right now is Iceman and he's 5/5/2 so I'm saving the 120CP just in case I pull one of his that I can't otherwise use.

I heard "Jeff the Kardashian". Somehow I doubt that's an improvement icon_e_wink.gif

I also approve the spending of 120 CP to avoid the loss of a cover. I have ~100 CP saved for just that circumstance should my 5/2/5 Quake receive the wrong cover. Craig's moaning can absolutely be disregarded in this case. The 720 CP for a 5* cover level would be a hard pill for me to swallow, however. I'll revisit that if and/or when I actually get to that point in the game.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    I heard "Jeff the Kardashian".

Them's fightin' words! icon_mad.gif

icon_razz.gif