5* Cover For Every 30 Levels Added To 4*

jjfyahpowah
jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
5* covers are available as in-game loyalty rewards.

Seeing as 4* take a long time to champ, why not make each base color of a 5* available as a 30 cover progression reward? Levels 300, 330, 360.. or for example.

Matches the theme of 2*, 3*, and 4* covers, while allowing players to sample the base powers of 5* characters.

Comments

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome idea.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we have 40+ 4s it is really hard to get 30 champion levels for any of them, so I think this is a great idea.

The problem is that this would have to be awarded also to people that has already reached those levels with some chars. In my case, I already have 5-6 4s over 300, so it would be very unfair to no get these covers for these chars (there is limited amount of covers that can be awarded like this).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's still the issue of getting a cover you can't use. No one should be forced to sell or roster a 6th cover
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    The problem is that this would have to be awarded also to people that has already reached those levels with some chars. In my case, I already have 5-6 4s over 300, so it would be very unfair to no get these covers for these chars (there is limited amount of covers that can be awarded like this).

Why?

They didn't do it for users who had already recieved the covers of the three stars that got changed a while back. It's just one of those suck it up things.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattjimf wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Why?

They didn't do it for users who had already recieved the covers of the three stars that got changed a while back. It's just one of those suck it up things.

Well it was not the same, just changes between chars, but you still got some 4s (in some cases maybe even the old ones were better). But with 5 covers it would be a much bigger deal! Becuase now you are not getting any 5. Much much bigger deal, I would not suck it up as you said.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    It should be this way because at the moment it's impossible to make useful any 5* from Classic LT's.
    There should be a way to get covers for those characters!
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I too think this is a great idea. and if the D3 bean-counters don't like the numbers, maybe even bump the "30" number a bit. But regardless, 4*s should result in 5*s.
    My only question is which ones? Since there's significantly less 5*s than 4*s, would multiple 4*s give the same 5*? or only a select few 4*s reward a 5*?
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Boommike wrote:
    I too think this is a great idea. and if the D3 bean-counters don't like the numbers, maybe even bump the "30" number a bit. But regardless, 4*s should result in 5*s.
    My only question is which ones? Since there's significantly less 5*s than 4*s, would multiple 4*s give the same 5*? or only a select few 4*s reward a 5*?
    I would think it would have to be that multiple 4* give the same 5*(for now), and then a readjust at some later date like was just done with the 3*-4* rewards.

Seems like the fair way to me.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Months ago i would disagree but with the amount of 5*s present, its almost impossible to get specific cover of specific color.

BUT, 4*s are also less and less rare... how about making new legendary token for 15CP where the oldest 5* will be kept and 20CP token would hold the mid-aged 5*s?
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby! We love you please make this happen!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Mattjimf wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Why?

Well it was not the same, just changes between chars, but you still got some 4s (in some cases maybe even the old ones were better). But with 5 covers it would be a much bigger deal! Becuase now you are not getting any 5. Much much bigger deal, I would not suck it up as you said.

It's a slippery slope. If you're going to argue the validity of back-rewards, how far back do you go? If 4* champ rewards get backdated, they should back-date 3* champ rewards. And if you're going down that road, why not the thousands of covers sold for a pittance before champing began?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the simple way to do it. Make a 5* token and place it as the token received for 30 levels of a 4*. This way you are garunteed 5* but it is still a little random. It is hard to get the specific cover you want, but if they keep releasing new 5* every 4th release they will have to keep modifying the 4* champion reward to fill out all the 5*. By making it a 5*token players can get a 5*. These pulls should also fall under the latest LT that you can swap if it is a 6th cover.

The next item they can do is to pull 5* out of the LT and place a 5* token in their. Classic can be a 15% chance at a 5* token and latest can be a 20% chance. You are paying more CP for a higher chance at a 5*, but all the 5* will be under one token. It might make mass pulling 5* harder from latest packs, but higher level players will still go for the latest because of the higher chance at 5* and will get more 5* covers overall.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I like this idea, but personally I would just rather them fix how hard it is to get 4 and 5 star characters. For a lot of people, myself included, getting 4*s is not easy. correction: getting ENOUGH 4*s is not easy. I get 25 CP from a PVE and one 4*. I can only get to the 650 token reward in PVP, so thats another 10 CP. With so many 4*, I am really struggling to build the roster.

Since they would never make it so 4* champs gave 5* rewards AND 4* are easier to acquire, I would personally rather that 4* were easier to get. I know it's selfish of me to think this way, since 5* are nice-but-not-worth-much to me... but that's where I stand.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I like this idea, the focus needs to stop being on what they can change about existing systems.

There need to be new avenues to 5* guaranteed covers. Harder game play, buy-in event rewards, SCL rank 9/10, whatever.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    just an in-game system to deal with dupes would be soooooo welcome....
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I like this idea, but personally I would just rather them fix how hard it is to get 4 and 5 star characters. For a lot of people, myself included, getting 4*s is not easy. correction: getting ENOUGH 4*s is not easy. I get 25 CP from a PVE and one 4*. I can only get to the 650 token reward in PVP, so thats another 10 CP. With so many 4*, I am really struggling to build the roster.

Since they would never make it so 4* champs gave 5* rewards AND 4* are easier to acquire, I would personally rather that 4* were easier to get. I know it's selfish of me to think this way, since 5* are nice-but-not-worth-much to me... but that's where I stand.

Im in the 3* to 4* transition but actually find that 4* have been fair to come by. I hit 900 each PVP (thank you Peggy) and max out every PVE. Just from guarantees I average something like 7 4* covers a week give or take. Before I was able to champ Peggy I would only get maybe 3 or so though so it just might be my luck in being able to champ certain 4* first.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

I'm totally in agreement with this post here. OP is a great idea and I would love it if they implemented it, but it's not what is needed most at the moment. With 42 4* in "regular" rotation (i.e. taking out gwenpool, dino, and howard) it takes 14 weeks just to get through all the 4* once in PvP rewards, and that's not even taking into account new releases making the cycle longer by at least a week each time since there's bound to be 3+ new 4* each 14 weeks (more like 5 or 6). Is it even worth talking about PvE rewards (Hint: it's double the time)? They have made 4* acquisition better than previously by increasing the number of 4* handed out in PvE and PvP, but with the cycle so long, it feels like a blip on the radar (not to mention those additional rewards are in placement, so only available to the top 1%). CP come a little easier now also, since they split it up and offered smaller amounts at lower progression points. I still don't think it's anywhere near enough. Back when we hit 40 3* and the game was transitioning to becoming more about 4*, they introduced DDQ and eventually lowered the placement requirements for 3* covers, which really opened up the amount of 3* rewards in the game. With 42+ 4* it is past time they do the same for that tier.

My hope is that maybe this will be at least somewhat alleviated with the introduction of CL 9 and then even further with CL 10. A more frequent 4* DDQ option would also help things a lot, even if it only gave out fixed 4* covers as opposed to LT. So - what are you waiting for?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic idea.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:
    Now that we have 40+ 4s it is really hard to get 30 champion levels for any of them, so I think this is a great idea.

I think to make it 'fair' no retroactive covers should be awarded.

Also, each new 5* release would be added to one specific 4* over time.
    So no two 4*s offer covers for the same 5*.

Yes, it's a nice bonus for those of us with all 4*s champed, but the system should primarily allow those finding it difficult to pull any 5*s (or are ftp) access to 5* at a basic lvl.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I think to make it 'fair' no retroactive covers should be awarded.

IMO the best way to make it 'fair' is to not change any existing characters and only add these to new 4* releases. Since 4* come out about twice as quickly and there are currently only 13 5* they would eventually over take them. This would solve 2 problems.
    1. Give a 5* progression path less RNG based (slightly)
    2. Give a reason for players to champion the newer, often less desired 4*.

I'd rather they just apply them to all the current 4*, but above is the only way I can think to truly make it 'fair'.