Kessig Forgemaster damages herself [Devs Aware]

Options
Irgy
Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
Kessig Forgemaster has an ability that is supposed to damage the other creature whenever she blocks or is blocked. However, as currently implemented she (all the time as far as I can tell) damages herself instead. This has been broken since the card came out and still isn't fixed.

It's not a big deal because it's not a card many people use at all anyway but it's also likely to be a very, very simple fix.

She is also broken in the same way on both sides (i.e. Flameheart Werewolf is also broken).

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Irgy, if Kessig Forgemaster and Flameheart Werewolf continue to function improperly, we would like to recommend contacting our Customer Support team as they will gladly look into this issue for you.

If you are unsure on how to get into contact with Customer support, you can use the following link to submit a support ticket: https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support
  • Irgy
    Options
    So what's this forum for then? I thought support was for problems with your own account and this was for general bugs?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Irgy wrote:
    So what's this forum for then? I thought support was for problems with your own account and this was for general bugs?
    Customer Support primarily handles account issues, since those are the majority of the tickets they receive. Having said that though, they're certainly capable of addressing general bug inquiries, as well.

Regarding Kessig Forgemaster and Flameheart Werewolf, those issues should have been fixed back in 1.6.5. I'll get in touch with the development team to see if this bug is popping up again. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Irgy
    Options
    Thanks Brigby

I've submitted a support thing as well now.
    Brigby wrote:
    Regarding Kessig Forgemaster and Flameheart Werewolf, those issues should have been fixed back in 1.6.5.

Well I certainly agree that it should have been fixed back then!

Whether it was and has broken again I can't honestly say. I believe I have seen it work correctly once or twice in the past, but I thought those were intermixed with malfunctioning even at the time and I assumed it was dependent on who was attacking, defender vs berserker, or maybe other factors. I only use it for red werewolf objectives (EC only I think?), and by default it doesn't fight other creatures in the first place so there's a few gaps in seeing it. I guess I did just assume broken then and broken now meant broken the whole time but it might not.

What I specifically saw recently was two failures (i.e. self-damage) from two chances. One was flipped, one unflipped. One she was the attacker and one she was the defender. Both I think involved berserker. It could be that the behaviour is fixed for defender related blocking but not berserker, or something.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey Irgy. I reached out to the development team about this self-damaging bug for Kessig Forgemaster and Flameheart Werewolf.

The bug report for Kessig Forgemaster has been re-opened, as they were able to reproduce it on the current build version. They were unable to reproduce it with Flameheart Werewolf though. If you do encounter it again with that card, then please post what happened in this thread, and I'll be sure to relay that to the developers.

Thanks for the help!