Is something wrong with the Shield Intercepts?

DanBenZvi
DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
Because on a regular basis, ever since the update, I press on the button to see the signal intercept ad (and get the reward)...and nothing happens. I just get kicked straight back to the game.

Is it just me?

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I'm seeing the same thing, so you're not the only one. Before the most recent update I've never had an ad not playing after clicking it and being returned to the game. It used to either just work normally or 1 to 2 seconds after starting the ad the screen would go black for an instant and the whole thing crashed (usually on every 4th or 5th intercept). Getting no ad even after selecting it is something new for me, even though the crashes seem to be less frequent so far, but that is just 1 day so far (you know... could be confirmation bias icon_e_wink.gif ).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It's rare for me, but yes. I've also had it go to a black screen that I couldn't get out of without closing the gaming. But I've also had it go black for a bit, go back to the game, no ad, but then after my next intercept I got 2 rewards.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I had this happen last night, and then successful ones this morning.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, this happened to me immediately after today's Nova CotT match.

Also, in general I feel like I've been getting less Intercept opportunities. But maybe that's just in my head?
  • Erndiese
    Erndiese Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    StevO-J wrote:
    I'm seeing the same thing, so you're not the only one. Before the most recent update I've never had an ad not playing after clicking it and being returned to the game. It used to either just work normally or 1 to 2 seconds after starting the ad the screen would go black for an instant and the whole thing crashed (usually on every 4th or 5th intercept). Getting no ad even after selecting it is something new for me, even though the crashes seem to be less frequent so far, but that is just 1 day so far (you know... could be confirmation bias icon_e_wink.gif ).

All of this applies to me except the frequency of being offered the chance to watch an ad is probably still the same. Some days they don't show up other days At what I assume to be the expected rate.

I play on iOS if that matters.
  • Leeroid86
    Leeroid86 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I've had the same problem. Pressed the shield intercept button and it goes to the loading screen then straight back to whatever event or mission screen I was on with no chance of the reward. Happened at least 4 times last night. I'm on iOS too
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I'm having the same issue:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58433
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, sorry to hear you're having problems with The Shield Intercepts. If you haven't already, can you guys get some support tickets in to Customer Service for this? Please be sure to provide them with your username and as much information as possible that could be related to what you experienced. IE: Steps taken, erroneous things you noticed, etc.

If you are unsure on how to get into contact with Customer support, you can use the following link to submit a support ticket: https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    had 3 today that didn't work. updated my phone's os. seems to have fixed it.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Same thing here. Works the first 2-3 times then it never loads video. Clicking button just reloads current game screen. If I quit the app and clear my cache (I'm on an iPad) this will fix it, but again, for only 2-3 videos and then it's broken again. I have opened a ticket.