Is Vision broken again?

whycantwesyncpc
whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
I have his blue down and making matches with his tiles so he is the one attacking. Says it's supposed to do 1066 extra damage. He's doing normal damage. There are no enemy protect tiles down or anything like that. Is it just me or anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• whycantwesyncpc
    Just used his heavy strike twice in two different rounds (doing the big e) first time it did like 3300 damage, the second 2300. Guess the extra damage is only working when it feels like it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a little excited for a second, but you mean broken in a bad way.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    The matched tile has to have Vision's icon on it. If someone else tanks his colors, you don't get the extra damage.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a better question would be "In what way is Vision currently broken" since he's always been shotty in one way or another.
  • panglossian
    panglossian Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, it's broken again. I noticed cos I use him for The Big Enchilada too, and I usually wipe the last round with a couple of heavy strikes... this time, I noticed that it wasn't adding Vision's blue damage to hits.

So I tried matching blue tiles (Vision's symbol on them) - normal damage, with no bonus.

I can't pin it down just yet though - I just tried him again in PVP and it worked normally (2 different uses of Dentistry:Heavy, 1 Heavy Strike, multiple Vision-matches)... I don't know if it's wave nodes? Using Heavy Strike twice? Some other power being fired - QS's Supersonic kicked in in at some point... something like that?

Anyway, that's a pain - he's part of my go-to PVP team for climbing.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    Yes, Vision was tanking. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    If anything, heavy dentistry sounds worse. Maybe we could have a petition for the power to be renamed...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I used him in Dat Required Character (always do), and he worked normally for me there. Fired heavy twice, both fine.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Occasionally I have noticed that Heavy Strike (and presumably light disruption as well, although I have not experienced this personally) does not switch back to Solar Beam when the Density tile expires. This would allow you to use Heavy Strike without gaining the bonus damage.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Hey whycantwesyncpc, keep in mind that Density: Heavy requires that Vision is the one dealing damage (like 2-star Black Widow), so it won't work if someone on his team has a higher match than he does. If you think something is wrong, be sure to contact the Customer Support team so they can investigate.

If you are unsure on how to get into contact with Customer support, you can use the following link to submit a support ticket: https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Same here: Blue power activated but not always doing more damage.
    It's pretty annoying, since it's buffed during Civil War and it's among my strongest charachters... icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I agree that he is broken. I tried using him in Civil War and he often did not do extra damage when matching tiles that had his icon on them.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I tried Vision once in the current Civil War event. Towards the end of the match, I had enough AP for both Density: Heavy and Heavy Strike. I cast blue and then red, but got the animation and effect (destroyed tiles) for Solar Beam.

I'm pretty sure I had previously shifted to heavy density previously in the fight, but I'm not sure how many times. I had not previously used either red or yellow powers.
  • llamamancer
    llamamancer Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I had a different glitch on Vision's blue. I had 4* Deadpool out, and the enemy Vision died to his team matching a "Countdown for What" tile. His blue tile stayed out and wouldn't count down.
    bwzli.png
  • panglossian
    OK, so I've seen it a few more times now.

I'm pretty sure it's that a blue Density:Heavy tile which carries over from one wave to the next effectively loses its power and, of course, it won't let you create a new one while there's one on the board.

I've had them fail again in TBE today for tiles which came from the last wave, then I created a new one and it worked fine again.

It's a bit of a pain, but now I know how it's failing, I can look out for it and work around it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a different glitch on Vision's blue. I had 4* Deadpool out, and the enemy Vision died to his team matching a "Countdown for What" tile. His blue tile stayed out and wouldn't count down.
    bwzli.png
    There's a separate thread on the issue with countdown tiles not disappearing correctly when the owner is downed: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58623
  • panglossian
    So the behaviour's changed now, presumably in an unannounced hotfix. If Vision's blue tile is out when a wave ends, it is converted back into a blank tile, meaning you can put out a new one in the first turn of the next wave.

That's better than the previous flawed behaviour, certainly; I hope it's a temp stopgap until v120, though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the behaviour's changed now, presumably in an unannounced hotfix. If Vision's blue tile is out when a wave ends, it is converted back into a blank tile, meaning you can put out a new one in the first turn of the next wave.

That's better than the previous flawed behaviour, certainly; I hope it's a temp stopgap until v120, though.
    It might also depend on just what triggered the wave ending... passive damage, match damage, free match from critical, active skill damage... etc. Order of operations has gotten really complicated in this game as time has gone on, and wave nodes expose even more of these unintended effects.