STOP MESSING WITH THE LEVELLING BUTTON!

Pleefs
Pleefs Posts: 122
Applying ISO to my toons just gets worse and worse! NOW, I can't level someone unless I have enough ISO to do so?

This change completely takes away our ability to level our toons the way we want to! I understand you need to sneak in your "ads" to buy ISO, which I have from time to time, but come on! I know it's done by many players where they don't level a toon until they have the ISO to do so, or they stock their ISO until a toon is fully or suitably covered. I have a different levelling and ISO distribution strategy and this completely shuts it down. I use ALL the ISO earned from the daily awards, as well as all ISO played going through the Deadpool dailies toward levelling the four-star coming up for the once a week solo fight, to prep an underleveled toon for it. Most ISO earned through play outside of that is given to the toon I'm trying to max.

What I also do is when I get the covers for one or two star covers that have a four or five star equivalent is put it to that toon. (For example, when I get a 2 star Wolverine cover, I put the 250 ISO on Old Man Logan, so it gets levelled slowly as I'm still trying to collect the covers I need. That way, when I have the right cover mix, I have the toon at least slightly playable.

This new iteration of the leveling button completely removes my ability to distribute ISO as I want to for my toons. I don't care if the majority of players level their toons in a way that fits the button works now. I want to level the way I want to level my toons. At least the previous versions of the levelling buttons, for all the different flaws they had, allowed ALL players to level their toons the way WE want.

RESTORE IT TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION PLEASE!

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    So... What you are saying is that you want to be able to level your characters like 1 level at a time, or several levels at a time? You can still do that, and even easier than before. To do one level before you had to push and hold until the bar filled up. Now, it's one push one level.

There are two buttons you know...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    No he's upset that he can't put less ISO into a character than the amount needed to gain that character a level. At least that's how I interpret it. I disagree though; spending ISO on a character if they will not gain levels from it is useless anyway.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    No he's upset that he can't put less ISO into a character than the amount needed to gain that character a level. At least that's how I interpret it. I disagree though; spending ISO on a character if they will not gain levels from it is useless anyway.
    Well, sometimes you pass the invisible threshholds to increase match/ability damage by a fraction. It's a very small benefit though, and I much prefer the current system.
    I agree with the headline though. Stop messing with the button. Leave it just the way it is now. icon_e_smile.gif

OP, may I suggest you do a Quick calculation of how much ISO you get from the DDQ and Daily rewards each day (around 4000 ISO I Think?), then you can just multiply that by five (around 20,000 ISO I guess?) and then you know how much you can assign to the DDQ fourstar each round. Just do it when it's time for their fight. If you know how much you are supposed to have saved up for the Crash each day, you can easily use the surplus on someone else.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Pleefs wrote:
    Applying ISO to my toons just gets worse and worse! NOW, I can't level someone unless I have enough ISO to do so?

This change completely takes away our ability to level our toons the way we want to! I understand you need to sneak in your "ads" to buy ISO, which I have from time to time, but come on! I know it's done by many players where they don't level a toon until they have the ISO to do so, or they stock their ISO until a toon is fully or suitably covered. I have a different levelling and ISO distribution strategy and this completely shuts it down. I use ALL the ISO earned from the daily awards, as well as all ISO played going through the Deadpool dailies toward levelling the four-star coming up for the once a week solo fight, to prep an underleveled toon for it. Most ISO earned through play outside of that is given to the toon I'm trying to max.

What I also do is when I get the covers for one or two star covers that have a four or five star equivalent is put it to that toon. (For example, when I get a 2 star Wolverine cover, I put the 250 ISO on Old Man Logan, so it gets levelled slowly as I'm still trying to collect the covers I need. That way, when I have the right cover mix, I have the toon at least slightly playable.

This new iteration of the leveling button completely removes my ability to distribute ISO as I want to for my toons. I don't care if the majority of players level their toons in a way that fits the button works now. I want to level the way I want to level my toons. At least the previous versions of the levelling buttons, for all the different flaws they had, allowed ALL players to level their toons the way WE want.

RESTORE IT TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION PLEASE!

I prefer the way it is now because I can calculate how much ISO my maxed covered 4* needs a lot of us have been asking for this I for one am happy they listened
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like it the way it is now. I hope they don't make any further changes to it. Cheers.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This latest version is so much better than it has been, you have the information you need with respect to maxing a character and it is one click per level rather than having to hold it there, while this new design may not suit a few tiny use cases, for the vast majority it is a big improvement.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah partially leveling a character to get the ability boost without spending a full level is a pretty narrow case. At any level where this would actually matter the cost to level them the rest of the way would be under 1000 iso.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Pleefs wrote:
    I don't care if the majority of players level their toons in a way that fits the button works now. I want to level the way I want to level my toons.

Sure, call mommy and go cry in a corner.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to have to STRONGLY disagree with the original poster on this one. So, I can no longer put in 10 ISO into a character, changing absolutely nothing on his stats, and instead have to wait until I have enough to actually go up by one level? Yeah, fine by me. And the new level up buttons are far less frustrating than the bar filling. I love the new buttons.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been playing for over 2 years, and this is the first time ever that both buttons actually make sense.

MFW "toons"

qW9ZDcK.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pleefs wrote:
    I can't level someone unless I have enough ISO to do so?
    This made me laugh until I figured out what they were talking about.

(Dangit, D3, I want to level up my guy! Don't tell me I need no stinking iso!)
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Only problem I have with the new level-up button, that we get no warning text the first time we use it.

I use normally the first button and press it till I get the level I want. This is a problem, if you do not know that the button was changed and suddenly most of your Iso-8 is gone. What you didn't want.

The Change itself is good!!!
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Current button setup is the best I've seen since the game launched.

The benefit of a partial-level slightly bumping up a stat isn't really worth the press & hold for all other instances.

No price tag, and the microcurrency shop button is still RIGHT THERE for players who want it.

So yes. Stop messing with it now.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I love how it is now. The old press and hold was just ridiculous and tiresome.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    I miss watching that bar fill up - it was a nice aesthetic touch and just clicking the button doesn't feel as viscerally satisfying.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    MFW "toons"
    qW9ZDcK.gif

LOL. So true.

I also agree the buttons are absolutely perfect as is.