YOU be the dev team pt1!

Options
2»

Comments

• jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options
    Baral is just a completely overpowered cash cow. I bought him along with many others and I think we all know how ridiculous he is. Congrats to the designer who probably racked up a ton of sales with this.

But enough is enough, they need to do something about it as it's ruining the game, having an AI take x minute turns is unacceptable for this type of game.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    Baral is just a completely overpowered cash cow. I bought him along with many others and I think we all know how ridiculous he is.

You'd be surprised.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    YOU be the dev team pt2 should include Rishkar's Expertise, Ornithopter and Lighting Greaves
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thésée wrote:
    YOU be the dev team pt2 should include Rishkar's Expertise, Ornithopter and Lighting Greaves

The Rishkar post just went up, though he missed a golden opportunity for naming it "dev team pt 2".
  • zaann85
    zaann85 Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nobody so far has actually tried to balance the cards. These cards are based off of the real cards, and real cards aren't easy to balance. The Felidar Guardian/ Saheeli Rai combo was an accident for example. Even if all cards in this game were more balanced, there would still be better choices.

On Baral, there are no real counterspells, so they had to play off the other abilities. He does draw cards and makes spells cheaper. Maybe they went too far. I guarantee you the devs dont play this game as much as we do, so it's possible that mistakes were made.

Zaann's Baral
    8 mana
    5/5
    At the beginning of your turn draw a card, then each spell in hand gains 3 mana.

This version still rewards you with drawing and extra mana, but the insane cascade potential is gone. This would still be a great card but not busted like the old one.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zaann85 wrote:
    Nobody so far has actually tried to balance the cards. These cards are based off of the real cards, and real cards aren't easy to balance. The Felidar Guardian/ Saheeli Rai combo was an accident for example. Even if all cards in this game were more balanced, there would still be better choices.

On Baral, there are no real counterspells, so they had to play off the other abilities. He does draw cards and makes spells cheaper. Maybe they went too far. I guarantee you the devs dont play this game as much as we do, so it's possible that mistakes were made.

Zaann's Baral
    8 mana
    5/5
    At the beginning of your turn draw a card, then each spell in hand gains 3 mana.

This version still rewards you with drawing and extra mana, but the insane cascade potential is gone. This would still be a great card but not busted like the old one.

Just to clarify, in at least two other threads have been numerous suggestions on how to balance Baral. You might have missed those.

My favorite two are:

1. mana gain occurs at start of turn, not on draw
    2. change the draw mechanic to "fetch" so that he doesn't full his own mana gain