Get some form of trading in here!!

Options
Caeman
Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I can appreciate that this is a game you want to make money with, but I'm losing patience with these card pulls. I have a few rares and mythics, but compared to the number I don't have, I should be more likely to pull one I don't have than pulling the same one, over and over. This wouldn't be as upsetting if there was any way to trade cards, but the conversion only goes to runes, something that is only useful to levelling up a planeswalker, and once they are maxed out, runes are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. The latest "deal" that was made was one I didn't take part in because spending 350 crystals to get a mythic seemed too high a risk when the number of times I was rewarded with a rare, it was a duplicate.

In MTG, yes, it's difficult to collect all the cards, but players have the option to trade for a card they are missing with other players. Maybe that's not possible in this game to trade with other players, but it is possible to make the sting of duplicate cards more bearable if players are given the opportunity to upgrade cards and to chose some cards as opposed to converting cards to runes, an increasingly useless currency to experienced players.

Making it so that players can trade in runes and: commons to get an uncommon; uncommons to get a rare; etc., would make getting duplicates less frustrating and would also make runes useful while not diminishing the value of crystals.

It's not unreasonable to open up some form of exchange when rares happen as infrequently as they seem to, and when duplicate cards have little to no value.

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Due to the fact they they did not put this in place when they instituted the system to covert our duplicates, it will never happen.

Personally, I like it the way it is. I have a much smaller mythic collection than most who have been playing as long as I have and I make due.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Convert duplicates was the biggest mistake made. They crushed any opportunity to change the system on down the road. And for what? Level up your PW's faster! I just envision a system that could have made this company a lot of money. Deck building could have 12-15 slots for cards and you can adjust between 1-4 of each card until you meet the full deck of 35-40 total. Then allow every card to be a one time purchase for everyone. Maybe $3-$5 for mythics and $1-$2 for rares and so on. Then when you pull next 3 duplicates, it would just make that mythic stronger as you will have multiple copies to put in your deck and not just a waste. This would also allow new players to get in this game without having to start from scratch. Let's face it, they have no shot in doing well in QB any longer as a large portion of players are now winning with 2 minute battles without cheating. Since this will probably never happen now as most people have probably converted their duplicates, they at least need to put in place a way to purchase boosters, fat packs (I mean Bundles), and big boxes with runes. At least then, players with 11,000 QB wins have a chance and more duplicates. I they may buy themselves more time to figure out other ways to keep us interested. And maybe when this game stagnates and they have to reboot the game, they will allow for a more diverse deck build system that helps take some of the randomness out of the first several draws.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've given up. Once in a while I proc something from the free packs, but I just don't feel like rolling the dice anymore. I typically open a bunch of boxes when the new set is released, at least I get the commons and uncommons filled out, but honestly after the KLD set it was literally a complete waste. I don't use any KLD cards, except maybe Fragmentize, that's pretty much it. One common card cost me countless thousands of crystals.

They also increased all the prices for non-US residents, so I'm not happy about that. Just a little bit of an explanation from staff would have likely smoothed it over, but they choose to completely ignore the concerns voiced in that announcement thread and as such I've just plain lost interest in buying anything from them. Strangely enough, I now feel better in not buying anything because I'm starting to count the amount of $$$ that remain in my bank account. Good for me, not good for them.

Today I finally obtained Sphynx of the Final Word from a progression reward pack for the SOI event. It's been a while since I picked anything up but it does happen once in a while. I'll just continue to sit tight and be patient.
  • MrStem0
    MrStem0 Posts: 40
    Options
    Not sure I agree with you Steeme, there are a lot of cards in KLD which are useful, and the majority of them aren't mythics which is refreshing, specifically they help with achieving objectives such as reduction of damage etc.

As for the topic, trading would kill the financial gains the see, plus everyone would have all the cards far too quickly given how many dupes you do see. It would be nice if perhaps mythics were worth more, perhaps even 15 crystals so it is going towards something useful rather than being tossed on the pile of never ending runes. Or if they introduced converting runes to crystals. Even something like 1000 runes per crystal.

The maths behind that wouldn't be broken, 2000 QB wins for a big box isn't going to make a dent in their structure.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Skiglass6 wrote:
    Convert duplicates was the biggest mistake made. They crushed any opportunity to change the system on down the road.
    They still have the opportunity. If they want to use dupes a new way, and fairly, they can do a force-convert to wipe everyone's dupes into runes and then everyone would start in a new system on a level playing field. (To be honest, it's not clear why dupes aren't auto-converted into runes when they arrive in the inventory.)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find trade unlikely for the previously stated reason.

However, what they COULD do is allow the purchase of basic three card boosters for runes.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    James13 wrote:
    I find trade unlikely for the previously stated reason.

However, what they COULD do is allow the purchase of basic three card boosters for runes.

they did that when the game just started.

3card packs were 250 runes each.

there was no daily 8 h reward packs back then.