MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2017 Edition *Updated (2/24/17)

1456810

Comments

  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    DP v MPQ for a release again? That event was used for Carol

    It is actually nice for new releases, since its two 2 day subs, which cuts down on the end of sub grinding.

    Except for the part that covers are going to be decided by score differences in the single digits.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 wrote:
    UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES

    Savory (2/17/2017)
    Beast
    Bullseye (Classic)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    Sentry
    The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    Required: The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

    TBD *New Update*

    It's getting renamed to "The Brigby Daily" Since the forumites are screaming out for more regular contact, they're scrapping the DPD and replacing it with a @Brigby daily comment in game!

    Yup! Instead of DP Tacos, we'll now earn Brigby Buck$.. 500 item vaults for everyone!! icon_razz.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Kojubat wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    DP v MPQ for a release again? That event was used for Carol

    It is actually nice for new releases, since its two 2 day subs, which cuts down on the end of sub grinding.

    Except for the part that covers are going to be decided by score differences in the single digits.

    Could you clarify? I'm not sure how that's different than for any new character release, no matter the event type or sub lengths. It always comes down to single digits in such cases, as you have people going as optimal as they can, for themselves and so their alliance might crack top 100 too.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES

    Savory (2/17/2017)
    Beast
    Bullseye (Classic)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    Sentry
    The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    Required: The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

    TBD *New Update*

    whaaaaaa???!?!??!

    It apparently took them the entirety of a long weekend to craft that nugget.

    lYWIL4.gif
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    Kojubat wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    DP v MPQ for a release again? That event was used for Carol

    It is actually nice for new releases, since its two 2 day subs, which cuts down on the end of sub grinding.

    Except for the part that covers are going to be decided by score differences in the single digits.

    Could you clarify? I'm not sure how that's different than for any new character release, no matter the event type or sub lengths. It always comes down to single digits in such cases, as you have people going as optimal as they can, for themselves and so their alliance might crack top 100 too.

    Every sub in an event is an opportunity to differentiate your score and also increases the margin of error. In DP v MPQ, that margin narrows significantly and affects lower placement bands.

    In a four sub event, you can have a minor hiccup and recover, or at least not plummet.

    Granted, the slice and CL you play in can adjust the sliders, as can the placement you are attempting to achieve.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    As the rewards for Deadpool vs MPQ are Coulson, 3 Punisher and 2 Magneto, will they be the required characters for the next PvE, Venom Heroic?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As the rewards for Deadpool vs MPQ are Coulson, 3 Punisher and 2 Magneto, will they be the required characters for the next PvE, Venom Heroic?
    Most likely, yes.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    turbomoose wrote:
    Iceman and hulkbuster , both of which I have chsmped yahoo !

    Looks like we have lost out on a free quake cover , feel like that should have been the reward for completing gauntlet

    Agreed. Every aspect of the rewards for the gauntlet needs to be adjusted. My quake is at 2/5/5. I was really hoping to get a green cover and champ her. The vault isn't cooperating either with her green cover sitting there.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added Deadpool's Daily Quest information icon_e_wink.gif
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,446 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big Pun is buffed this week?

    Let the bodies hit the floor icon_twisted.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

    Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Brigby is my hero icon_e_smile.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

    Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?

    Would like to know this as well - the unrestricted heroic was a test I think - what are we getting on an ongoing basis now?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    alphabeta wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

    Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?

    Would like to know this as well - the unrestricted heroic was a test I think - what are we getting on an ongoing basis now?
    Good question! I've just sent out an email to the developers. I'll update this post when I get a response back.

    Update: While character restrictions for Heroics is by no means permanent, the Venom: Heroic event will not have character restrictions. The developers are currently exploring other options on what to do with Heroics. Hope that helps!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

    Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?

    Would like to know this as well - the unrestricted heroic was a test I think - what are we getting on an ongoing basis now?
    Good question! I've just sent out an email to the developers. I'll update this post when I get a response back.

    Update: While character restrictions for Heroics is by no means permanent, the Venom: Heroic event will not have character restrictions. The developers are currently exploring other options on what to do with Heroics. Hope that helps!

    Restrictions or no restrictions. I'm struggling to come up with other options. Oh, maybe Schrödinger's Restrictions? You won't know until you enter the event.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Good question! I've just sent out an email to the developers. I'll update this post when I get a response back.

    Update: While character restrictions for Heroics is by no means permanent, the Venom: Heroic event will not have character restrictions. The developers are currently exploring other options on what to do with Heroics. Hope that helps!
    as someone without the 5* scaling that influences high-roster players to like the restrictions, I also like the restrictions as a forced reason to play different characters than normal. and to promote a wide roster. if its ever up for a vote or if feedback gets somewhere, my feedback is that heroic roster restrictions are a positive.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    alphabeta wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *(2/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies

    Can you confirm if Heroics will be restricted again?

    Would like to know this as well - the unrestricted heroic was a test I think - what are we getting on an ongoing basis now?
    Good question! I've just sent out an email to the developers. I'll update this post when I get a response back.

    Update: While character restrictions for Heroics is by no means permanent, the Venom: Heroic event will not have character restrictions. The developers are currently exploring other options on what to do with Heroics. Hope that helps!

    For what is worth, i like Heroics restricted. Otherwise it's just another Pve event where people use the same characters for every node. Heroics reward a good roster and provide some diversity at the same time.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated Versus events
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    *Updated Versus events

    Brigby, the progression awards for Rags PvP and Thor PvP are the same.