What color will Howard's PvP progression be?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a little curious... The spreadsheet of upcoming 4* rewards says the 900 point progression for Fowl Play will be a Green Howard The Duck. Do we know if that is the case or is it just an inspired guess? I see the first run of Fowl Play had a blue progression cover and the second run had a green cover, which might indicate the purple cover is due. On the other hand, both runs were back before SCLs and the possibility of multiple fourstar placements rewards, so the order may have changed since then. Also, purple was the easiest cover to get in Venom Bomb, so it would be awesome if the PvP progression cover was green (to go with the blue cover from Webbed Wonder progression).

The reason I asked is that after Venom Bomb's rewards I have a 3/3/5 Howard with an extra purple cover, so I need to get one more green or blue cover to be able to champ him (after factoring in the blue cover from Webbed Wonder progression of course). Unfortunately, my Webbed Wonder vault has a purple cover and now I wonder if I should spend the HP to reset the vault or if I can reasonably get another green/blue cover before the week is over. If I can, I may as well keep the vault (there's a purple Kate Bishop in there that I am very interested in...).

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't forget there's another cover coming in the final day of Webbed Wonder, and Brigby claims it will be a random color.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think anyone knows yet (except the devs). You will be able to tell once the next PVP (Captain Marvel) is up.

I'm in the same boat. Will have 3/2/5 after alliance Venom reward. Missed out on top 10. Was #11. So sad.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Don't forget there's another cover coming in the final day of Webbed Wonder, and Brigby claims it will be a random color.
    Yeah, random means one chance in three it's another useless purple. I'd rather maximize my chance to champ Howard if the alternative is to sell off multiple covers. I guess I am leaning towards resetting the vault rather than waiting until tomorrow and seeing what the future brings then. Bird in the hand and all that...
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    Yeah, random means one chance in three it's another useless purple. I'd rather maximize my chance to champ Howard if the alternative is to sell off multiple covers. I guess I am leaning towards resetting the vault rather than waiting until tomorrow and seeing what the future brings then. Bird in the hand and all that...

Your odds of getting another useless purple on your vault reset are the same as getting a useless purple from the node reward, and then it's only a 1/80 chance you actually pull that cover even if it is what you want.

I'd wait and see what Captain Marvel PVP placement rewards are (which will tell you the Howard progression reward) or see what you get from that node, personally.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Akari wrote:

Your odds of getting another useless purple on your vault reset are the same as getting a useless purple from the node reward, and then it's only a 1/80 chance you actually pull that cover even if it is what you want.

I'd wait and see what Captain Marvel PVP placement rewards are (which will tell you the Howard progression reward) or see what you get from that node, personally.
    I suppose. I miss out on a daily deal or two, but with a little luck that may still be workable.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same scenario as OP, I'll be 3/3/5 after PVE end reward and progression. Need two more non-purple...unfortunately I have "only" 2/3rds chance of the final PVE node being helpful, but also curious what the PVP node will be. Really hoping to pick up two more "correct" covers, since Howard Purple daily drop happens in about fifteen days for me....

Actually, really wish "colorless" was already a thing.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    And with Civil War right around the corner, perhaps I shouldn't clean out the Webbed Wonder vault as I was considering...
    Ah well. We'll see what happens.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Howard will probably stand at 4/2/5 (if I'm able to maintain my current 1st Rank in Venom Bomb) after this PVE. So as long as the color of his progression reward cover isn't purple, I'm happy with it.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing purple. It's the only color that hasn't been given out as progression in a Howard PvP yet.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I'm guessing purple. It's the only color that hasn't been given out as progression in a Howard PvP yet.
    On the other hand, purple has been awarded as the top 100 placement reward in two PvEs (The Hunt when Howard was released and now Venom Bomb), as the top 20 placement reward in the third PvE, and is in the daily resupply. It is by far the most common color for Howard, so I hope it gets skipped as a progression reward.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The preview for Fly-Flight-Win is finally there: The progression reward will unfortunately be a purple Howard cover.
    I´m hoping now that I won´t get another purple cover for him in the third Sub of "Webbed Wonder".
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    The preview for Fly-Flight-Win is finally there: The progression reward will unfortunately be a purple Howard cover.
    I´m hoping now that I won´t get another purple cover for him in the third Sub of "Webbed Wonder".
    Same here. I suppose I could reset the vault and then buy a 40-pack, but I'd rather save my HP for Civil War.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Yeah, my random color was purple, of course. Now I have two useless covers and a third on the way this weekend...