Node icons for goons now includes active characters

herm1978
herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Did I miss the outrage when the devs changed the icons for a goon only node in PVE to include two goons + one non-goon?

Personally I much prefer to fight goons only (not Ultron goons though, nothing worse than them) and the old way made it a bit easier to identify those nodes.

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    That's been bothering me lately too! It also applies to nodes with just 1 goon and 2 characters, just take today's Root for the Underdog node in round 4 of Venom Bomb (goon, sentry, ares). Quite disappointing when you think you're in for an easy node and suddenly you're fighting Dark Avengers with a free AP stream. I assumed it had always been that way and I just never noticed though. If its a recent change (or even if its not), then please, yes, change it to show the non-goon icons.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Not sure, but my wife and I both commented on this confusing and unwelcome change. We expect any mission with a goon icon to contain only goons. Otherwise, it should have an icon for the strongest or highest level character. It's not a huge deal, but we'd like to see this change in a future update.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just so that I'm on record - teaming Ares with two goons who generate free green should be considered cruel and unusual punishment and banned by the United Nations as a war crime.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this a few PVE events ago and I thought maybe it was always like that. Glad to know that it isn't just me now! I agree it is rather annoying to have a Goon icon for non-goon nodes. I'm sure one of the prior patches messed up the node icons but no one has said anything until now icon_lol.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    Just so that I'm on record - teaming Ares with two goons who generate free green should be considered cruel and unusual punishment and banned by the United Nations as a war crime.

Equally as bad: Moonstone with red generators. Photon Blast, get your free Photon Blast!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:

Still not as bad as the Carnage-Muscle-Muscle that generates free red AP. Scythes every other turn.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Still not as bad as the Carnage-Muscle-Muscle that generates free red AP. Scythes every other turn.
    Luckily they made it so he can't use scythes anymore. But yeah that was rough.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Carnage red is only unavailable for venom bomb pve. Any other pve he pops up, he can utilize redflag.png.

Also, agrees it was an unwelcome change to have goon icon showing for non-full goon nodes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely dislike this change. It needs to revert.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup another unwelcome change
  • DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    While we are at it - I also don't get, why there is no progress bar/indicator on the node icons. Something to indicate, that the node is giving full points and/or still has loot for clearance.

Sometimes i get distracted and have to play with breaks and its kinda annoying to search for the node(s) that still give (full) points or have loot in them.

Implemention could be done easily:
    - at/around the node either a colored indicator (green=full points, yellow partial points, red 1 point) or a bar similar to the one when you open the node
    - something like a segmented circle around the node (4/6 segments = 4/6 loot items)

could even combine that - top halve of the circle is a point progess bar, lower half is a 6 segmented loot indicator
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    While we are at it - I also don't get, why there is no progress bar/indicator on the node icons. Something to indicate, that the node is giving full points and/or still has loot for clearance.

Sometimes i get distracted and have to play with breaks and its kinda annoying to search for the node(s) that still give (full) points or have loot in them.

- at/around the node either a colored indicator (green=full points, yellow partial points, red 1 point) or a bar similar to the one when you open the node
    - something like a segmented circle around the node (4/6 segments = 4/6 loot items)

could even combine that - top halve of the circle is a point progess bar, lower half is a 6 segmented loot indicator
    If it doesn't have a green check mark, there's still loot available.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also disliked this change, but not enough to start a thread about it. Since you did though, I'll vote too.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

I wish that instead of the yellow refresh symbol I could get a yellow number indicating the number of times I've cleared that node - especially on events like deadpool vs mpq where the nodes jump around a lot and it's easy to lose track of which node you were grinding down at the end.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:

I wish that instead of the yellow refresh symbol I could get a yellow number indicating the number of times I've cleared that node - especially on events like deadpool vs mpq where the nodes jump around a lot and it's easy to lose track of which node you were grinding down at the end.

You can see it when you open the node, just above the Fight button. Though I agree putting the number on the node itself would be advantageous.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The node icon is now based on whoever the leftmost of the three characters is. If that's a goon, it'll get a goon node icon.

They're getting our hopes up, and then dashing them, but at least there's consistency in how it's applied, and not just the whims of a cruel and capricious level designer.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no idea why they did this, makes zero sense and is very confusing.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Muscle don't generate Red