iOS users unable to log in after R119 update [Fixed]

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
<EDIT>
Appears to be resolved now.
</EDIT>

I just pulled down the r119 update and I am getting a persistent 'check internet connection' error.

multiple reboots and nothing. people on r118 can still connect.

(Playing on an iphone 7S+ with a fully updated iOS)

Moderator edit: merged two threads, edited title.

So far this appears to be only affecting iOS users. We need to know a couple things here ASAP: has anyone on iOS updated to R119 and NOT had a problem? Has anyone updated on Steam or Android and seen this problem? -DayvBang

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Updated to r119 - now just getting checking internet connection
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Same on iOS after updating.
  • alphabeta
    Yeah sorry I'm on IOS which is probably helpful info
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merging threads. Any iOS users not affected after the update? Any users on other OSes seeing an issue?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I really gotta remember to check the forums before patching. Anyway, iPhone 6s on latest iOS with the same issue. Tried to reinstall the game with no luck.
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2.1, either an all black screen after the MARVEL logo or a "Check Internet Connection" message at the loading screen that does not go away. Also created a ticket.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone.

I'm sorry to hear that this is occurring. I've reached out to the developers to see if they know what's going on, and hopefully they'll be able to resolve this immediately.

Thanks for your patience!

Edit: The developers are aware and currently looking into it. I've edited the title of this post to reflect that.
  • Same thing with me as well as I am using iOS
  • alphabeta
    Thanks for the update Brigby - shame it landed when it did as I lost most important part of my pve final grind - worried about where I ended up finishing but atleast I know from your update devs have been made aware which gives me hope it'll be sorted before my shield drops in pvp
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    At this point, shouldn't the update be pulled so this doesn't become a problem for all of us using iOS once it auto updates?
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I saw the postings on the forums, looked at my IPad and was suprised to see that the app has auto-updated itself. Why iOS didn´t ask for my permission like before?

Now I cannot connect to the game like any other iOS user at the moment. I hope that they´ll fix that problem until tomorrow - otherwise I´ll miss my final grind in PVE and four potential Howard covers!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3, please pull this update from the appstore.

Anyone know how to disable the auto update on an iPhone?

With Howard events ending and coming up, and Civil War BP 5* release coming, I don't want 2 weeks off of the game.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    D3, please pull this update from the appstore.

Anyone know how to disable the auto update on an iPhone?

With Howard events ending and coming up, and Civil War BP 5* release coming, I don't want 2 weeks off of the game.

Settings/iTunes & App Stores - there's a toggle switch for Automatic Downloads- Updates
  • Web Puma
    Web Puma Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I am getting the error as well!
    Super frustrated since I un-shielded just to get to the 4000 points for the Season I want, and I was sooooo close. Now I can't get back in to re-shield or fight because of this update! Aaaaaahhhhh!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I have made an official announcement that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58277

This will be the post that I update when an official fix has been confirmed.
  • El Zoof
    El Zoof Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Yup, me too.
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    What's the ETA on the fix?

Surely, if you guys knew there was a problem, pull the update! Why would I check the forum before every update?!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    sza wrote:
    What's the ETA on the fix?

Surely, if you guys knew there was a problem, pull the update! Why would I check the forum before every update?!

I suspect with the hoops you have to jump through to get an update into iOS (I hear it's a little harder than the others), pulling it might not be easy/possible. I would recommend they consider a pop-up in game at least.

In the meantime I've warned my alliance and turned off my auto-update feature.
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Absolutely - even a ingame pop up would have something rather than the forum only
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Updated on iPad Air and had the same issue. Trying to see if I can go back to R118 by deleting and installing R118 that is still in my iTunes.

Seriously, nobody tested this on iPhone/iPad before release? How am I going to be able to get my Howard cover????
    Is this my thanks for buying a Logan's Loonies during Lunar sale? icon_neutral.gif
This discussion has been closed.