New Release.. 2 covers for Top 50?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
It takes at least 6 clears (hit every green check) in PVE to gaurantee top 100 in new release.. probably even more to get to top 50. Top 20 or better is almost impossible without endless grinding of 1 point nodes.. it's a bit nutz.

It's great that top 100 gives 1 new release cover, but it's crazy that you don't get a second new release cover until all the way when you hit Top 20, which is almost impossible for any normal person to get.

Top 50 should give something better than just 500 extra iso. That's a real insult to people who worked very hard!! You should give one more new release cover! Or at least give extra tokens, HP, CP, more than just 500 iso... something!!

SCL 8, btw-- I assume it's probably similar with other SCLs?

Comments

• Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    In SCL 7, casual 6 clears is top 50 and top 10 is 4 clears at start and 3 clears at end not even perfect. Goind perfect is top 10 in scl8. The only time I see 1 point grind even in scl 8 is for top 2...

Yes they should give 2 covers to top 50 and 4 to top 10 in scl 8, but not because it is so hard, but just to move some poeple out of scl 6-7
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    That is why we need SC9 and SC10 fast
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    That is why we need SC9 and SC10 fast

So much this. SCL's are tiered to let there be progression, with best rewards battled over by best rosters.

SCL6 should be folks trying to get one (maybe two for top) covers, to slowly start their characters that they may soon use.
    SCL10 should be folks trying to get three (or more) covers, to jump-start their progress on a character that barely matters to them.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It takes at least 6 clears (hit every green check) in PVE to gaurantee top 100 in new release.. probably even more to get to top 50. Top 20 or better is almost impossible without endless grinding of 1 point nodes.. it's a bit nutz.

I have never grinded 1 point nodes, didn't ever feel like i needed to. I'm currently at number 1 spot (84730 points) in my PVE bracket waiting for my final grind. All i have done is play optimally. Yes, there is a method to playing PVE. Also, picking the correct bracket works as well.

I never pre-join an event. I will wait till the 2nd bracket is full and wait for the 3rd to open up. That's where you will find me. I've never been under top 10 except when real life comes up and needs my attention. Without knowing how you play PVE or when you join, there are ways of fixing your top 20 results or higher. That 2* you keep talking about will only come in form Elite tokens.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:
    In SCL 7, casual 6 clears is top 50 and top 10 is 4 clears at start and 3 clears at end not even perfect. Goind perfect is top 10 in scl8. The only time I see 1 point grind even in scl 8 is for top 2...

Actually, unless it is an annoying event like this Venom one we just had, it usually seems more like T15 (maybe a bit less depending on quality of the new character) needs the full 4+3 set of clears and t10 comes down to how optimal those 7 clears were.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    My experience (at SL8) is that top 50 requires at least 6 clears; usually it requires near-optimal 6 clears, too. Anything beyond that is grind city.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I green-checked every node and ended up with.... 22nd icon_e_sad.gif Away from 20th by around 300 points icon_mad.gif

It's okay, it's my fault for not doing 7th clears on all nodes. Also I can't do optimal clears, I have to do my initial four clears throughout the day, instead of getting it all done early in the morning. And my final clears are early in the evening, instead of late at night.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    alvinlal wrote:
    I never pre-join an event. I will wait till the 2nd bracket is full and wait for the 3rd to open up.

How can you do it?
    I mean, you join the event just 1 minute before the 3rd time-bracket opens? And why? icon_question.gif
  • Megdar
    Lampo wrote:
    alvinlal wrote:
    I never pre-join an event. I will wait till the 2nd bracket is full and wait for the 3rd to open up.

How can you do it?
    I mean, you join the event just 1 minute before the 3rd time-bracket opens? And why? icon_question.gif

You subscribe to LINE channel that tell when a Slice is full...

If he want to join the 2nd Slice 3rd refresh, people let know on the channel, Slice 2 now at 834 person, then 899, then 946, then 999, ok my slice 2 is full. Then people joining slice 2 will be in the first to join it.

You can join en event after the slice started. For east cost time, slice 2 start at 12h (noon), but you can join 10 hours later when it filled many time.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Megdar wrote:
    Lampo wrote:
    alvinlal wrote:

How can you do it?

You subscribe to LINE channel that tell when a Slice is full...

If he want to join the 2nd Slice 3rd refresh, people let know on the channel, Slice 2 now at 834 person, then 899, then 946, then 999, ok my slice 2 is full. Then people joining slice 2 will be in the first to join it.

You can join en event after the slice started. For east cost time, slice 2 start at 12h (noon), but you can join 10 hours later when it filled many time.

Ok, so it's something that comes from outside the game, like this forum, right?
  • Megdar
    No, like this, update in real time, from information told on the LINE app.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0