The End of Cover Swapping for Latest??

Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have no idea if this is happening soon, but it seems like D3 is going to be ending swapping of 5 star covers of 6+. Therefore, if you have say 5 black for Thanos and draw a 6th one, you will no longer be able to ask customer service to switch number 6 to a different color.
Can someone in red please tell me why you are ending this practice?? Do you have something planned to take away the horrible feeling of drawing a useless 5 star cover??

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Not that I've ever been in a position to take advantage of this, and frankly, the practice seems blatantly unfair to me*. But out of curiosity, since you didn't mention it, what has indicated said change of practice to you?

*As a 4* player, I suffer from dup covers frequently. Why don't I have the same benefit? Why do 5* players drawing classic tokens not have the same benefit? I know it's to keep the whales happy, but still unfair. Just add colorless covers or some other solution that isn't so arbitrary please!
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Nelly,

I hate to state the obvious, but most us have seen it, and well, sorry that it wasn't obvious to you.

Someone at D3/Demiurge _HATES YOU_, not the other 4*'s trying to get to 5* status, not the whales, not the lucky son's of guns that have a 20%+ draw rate, someone hates _YOU_. That's why they are probably considering it.

So, sorry to break it to you.

icon_lol.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS mails have been saying "this is a time limited service" for over two months now.

They're still swapping, don't worry.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    VizMantis wrote:
    Not that I've ever been in a position to take advantage of this, and frankly, the practice seems blatantly unfair to me*. But out of curiosity, since you didn't mention it, what has indicated said change of practice to you?

*As a 4* player, I suffer from dup covers frequently. Why don't I have the same benefit? Why do 5* players drawing classic tokens not have the same benefit? I know it's to keep the whales happy, but still unfair. Just add colorless covers or some other solution that isn't so arbitrary please!

I see a big difference between 4* and 5*. I'm 4* player too, day 1096 for me. I have 21 4* champs and 19 4* max covered waiting for iso.
    4* are easily obtainable:
    - PVE progression and placement
    - up to 5 covers from PVE during introduction
    - PVP progression and placement
    - 85% of each legendary token
    - there is a chance in heroic token
    - every 15 days one from daily resuply
    - small chance in taco vault
    - quite good chance in PVE vault

I opened 54 latest legendary tokens so far in January (not hoarding, using CP and LT as it comes), similar counts in previous months. Only two of them were paid for (from VIP), I'm usualy not paying for HP (sometimes I use the opportunity of a sale - invested in total $150 last year on HP) and never paying for ISO. And my best covered 5* are Black Bolt with 10 covers, Black Widow, Spider Man with 9, Strange, Jean with 8 and Surfer, Thanos with 7.

I'm not happy when I'm selling 4* covers (and it happens often, as I have not enough iso to champ my 19 remaining max covered chars right now). I had already sold 4 or 5 red covers for my 345 Luke Cage (he was 115 two months ago) and similar it was for War Machine. But I know that covers for them will come as rewards. Then I can ensure them by playing the game and not by gambling. War Machine is now max covered thanks to last PVE.

For 5* nothing of it is true. You have only 15% chance in legendary tokens and every 3 months one cover in daily resuply. So I'd be really unhappy to pull blue for my 530 Strange and not have the possibility for change using CS. This existing possibility for latest LT is a reason I'm not using CP on classic LT, as my Spider-Man is 513, Surfer 115.

I'd be happy if they introduce colorless covers for all characters. Even for my 2* farm its sometimes hard to collect 13 covers in right colors to be able to champ the character. But I would be happy even with colorless covers for 5* only. And if they don't want to introduce it, they should at least leave the CS cover change possibility.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully this is related to this:
    Brigby wrote:
    Does this count as a hint? icon_e_smile.gif
    firethorne wrote:
      Scaling -
    Investigating Options
    Rate of acquiring 5* - Research and Development
    Frequency of character releases - No change
    Frequency of character rebalancing - 5* Cap rebalanced. Still a few notable characters that need work (Mr. F), but going in the right direction.
    Skip tax in versus - No change
    Same 3-5 people showing in versus skips - No change
    Xp in versus - Some each round
    Boss rush - Event hasn't been rerun. Irrelevant/Unknown
    **Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover) / Duplicate covers - No Change
    Amount of team up slots - No change
    Amount of team ups that can be sent - No change
    Inequality between steam users and other users - Investigating Options
    Price of purchasing iso - No change
    Goons feeding ap to non goons (refer to carrion pigeons comment for more detail) - No change
    Heroic story events (or being locked out of certain characters) - Tested to mixed/negative results. While helping a few players with limited options, it was an overwhelmingly negative experience for 5* players.

So, what do people want next? Will Brigby give us any hints as to what's on deck? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    **Combined duplicate covers with colorless covers, as dupes are the problem and colorless covers are the requested solution. Most likely re-visited after 5* acquisition rate is addressed.

Investigating Options: Brainstorm sessions are occurring with developers discussing potential ideas.
    Research and Development: An idea has been established, and development has begun. The feature being developed is still flexible at this stage.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55062&start=80#p628264

EDIT: Wrong quote.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I went through the process, was told delete your duplicate cover and we will send you the other one... never got the one they said they would send me.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Zeln wrote:
    I went through the process, was told delete your duplicate cover and we will send you the other one... never got the one they said they would send me.
    Give them a couple days, it will come through. They typically don't do swaps on the weekends.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get annoyed at 4* dupe covers, but I don't mind, because I already have plenty of 4*s championed, so it's just a minor hindrance, preventing me from getting more 4* champion rewards.

The 5* dupes are completely crushing, because I only draw a new 5* once every few months, in general, and I don't yet have any 5* champions, so it's hard to make real progress. In a few years, once I have a few (??) 5*s championed, I guess even 5* dupes won't bother me as much.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is some information I learned from Brigby. The reason CS stopped changing 5* from classic was because of volume of requests were clogging up their inbox and they were not able to get to the issues in the game. The developers decided to stop swapping out classic and only allow latest to be swapped out. This allowed customer service to send a standard template response and get to game issues. CS actually would prefer to swap all 5* covers that can't be used because they see it as a better experience for the customer. The 5* swap is something that CS brings up to the developers as an issue in creating a better experience for the players. Many players still request to have classic swapped out and then rate CS poor because of the standard responses and being denied such a rare commodity in the game.

My hope is if they are getting rid of the swap of 5* from latest it is because they are coming out with a colorless cover or programming the draws to not give a player a 6th cover of a color they have at 5. I have sold 3 5* because of this issue and I hope it gets a solution in game soon.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    volume of requests were clogging up their inbox and they were not able to get to the issues in the game.
    66373341.jpg
    Doing this via CS was always a bad call. At least it sounds like the devs are finally (at least trying) to address the real issue.
    wymtime wrote:
    My hope is if they are getting rid of the swap of 5* from latest it is because they are coming out with a colorless cover or programming the draws to not give a player a 6th cover of a color they have at 5. I have sold 3 5* because of this issue and I hope it gets a solution in game soon.

See my above Brigby quote. Actually re-quoting just the important bit:
    Brigby wrote:
    Does this count as a hint? icon_e_smile.gif
    firethorne wrote:
    **Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover) / Duplicate covers - No Change
    'colorless' and other similar things are not even in consideration right now. However some new distribution of 5* is currently in development. That's more likely the reason for the change.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. If I had known CS could change the color of Classic covers my Phoenix would have been done a long time ago. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk...
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Huh. If I had known CS could change the color of Classic covers my Phoenix would have been done a long time ago. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk...

CS will only change latest not classic fella...but if you did not use your one time exception send them an email.....But they might be a little busy fixing the game for IOS users icon_lol.gif

Darknes21 (merc)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

CS will only change latest not classic fella...but if you did not use your one time exception send them an email.....But they might be a little busy fixing the game for IOS users icon_lol.gif

Darknes21 (merc)
    Oh, I started getting duplicate Phoenix covers a year ago while she was still in Latest. She's championed now though, after I bought a third purple cover with CP. I think I got a dozen green covers before I made it that far though.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Darknes21 (merc)
    Oh, I started getting duplicate Phoenix covers a year ago while she was still in Latest. She's championed now though, after I bought a third purple cover with CP. I think I got a dozen green covers before I made it that far though.

l feel ur pain... I had to sell 4 pink phx cover and 5 blk SS...2k iso did not seem like a far price