Do Daken fights always start with lots of Green tiles?

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but it seems like every time I fight Daken, Green is the predominant color on the board. I'm usually looking for Blue tiles, and I feel lucky if there are 9 of them.

It seems like whatever color I don't want is the predominant starting color.

Comments

• Agreed but you need to try to use it to your advantage.......computers going get what they need so try and beat em to it and need same things
  • I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but it seems like every time I fight Daken, Green is the predominant color on the board. I'm usually looking for Blue tiles, and I feel lucky if there are 9 of them.

It seems like whatever color I don't want is the predominant starting color.

Sometimes i feel like this too, so take solace in the fact that you aren't alone.

We're probably just crazy from staring at the screen too long though. icon_e_wink.gif

marc
  • No, but you sure notice it very easily when it is because you're pretty much just screwed.
  • As someone who uses Daken fairly often, I can confirm that no, no they really don't. I often find the opposite, where using a Daken/Ares combo usually results in a board with a major shortage of green tiles.
  • Yes. Yes, it is true. You are not imagining it. The computer knows......in fact they know your favorite colour.

MPQ is tying this up with Marvel Agents of SHIELD TV show, where the bad guy is the Clairvoyant, who knows everything about you and your next move.

So next time try not to think about Daken and green tiles.. For example,visualize you are fighting Bagman and the board will start accordingly.
  • Not when I'm using Patch. Then there is always exactly 4 green tiles at the corners of the screen.
  • I believe what's happening here is that during a match against Daken you are actively trying to avoid matching greens, so you get the "enviro tile" effect of them just cluttering the board over time. While you have Daken on your team, because matching green is beneficial to your team in two ways, then the contrary happens, and the board gets stifled of that color.

At the start of matches, however, I can't really comment too much. I would say that going against Daken on the desert or jungle map always seems to start with more greens. I would guess that each battle environment might have a color skew attached to it, to give boards a certain flavor outside of enviro abilities.
  • If there's a lot of greens at the start, consider matching them yourself. I'll sometimesbget it over with and make him spawn strike tiles while reds are still close together
  • This is kind of like the AI cheats thread... same explanation applies
  • Moved to more relevant thread. icon_redface.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but it seems like every time I fight Daken, Green is the predominant color on the board.
    You're imagining it.