Iso buy prompt blocking Iso information

SpecSpecter
SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It's honestly been ages since I've been low on Iso-8 so forgive me if this is an old thing, but it's amazing how championing multiple 4*s and 3*s back-to-back will drain you...

Anyways... actually don't know what else to say about it that isn't already pointed out in the title. Where once I would see a handy indicator how much Iso-8 I would need to reach a character's max level is now an annoying prompt merely pointing out that I'm short by an indeterminate amount and that I should pay $100 to fix that. Being a casual player that hasn't spent a dime on this otherwise free game and doesn't intend change that any time soon to say this prompt is annoying is putting it mildly. Really it isn't even the fact that it's trying to goad my into buying the Iso-8 that bugs me as much as it is the fact that I can't see how much I need to save up, it's very frustrating.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel the same way. We used to be able to use that button to expedite the leveling process for a soft-cap cover limitation too. There was mention of this in the next update, so hopefully it gets fixed.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Best solution I have found is to bookmark this link until they fix it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuQKBLUTMFQrxVAtLm9nxA6EBc7T42b2AUMqgZQKoeE/pubhtml#

Enjoy!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently R119 is changing the level up button...so wait until after Monday =)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, because they totally won't make it worse...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor

Exactly. Now it will tell you how many times you have to shell out $100 to max out your character.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    To the OP, this has been around for a coyple updates now, so you're just late to the hate that came down shortly after the change.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    To the OP, this has been around for a coyple updates now, so you're just late to the hate that came down shortly after the change.

Yup, it was a big thread with lots of player frustration and brigby indicating that our opinion had been passed along to the dev team. We will see what R119 brings.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I just returned to the game after a ~2 month hiatus and this was the first thing I went to look for. Lo & behold, it's still there. In fact, I seems like all that's happened during my time off was a bunch of characters got added to the game. Do they update/fix characters between seasons still? That was always something to look forward to.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just returned to the game after a ~2 month hiatus and this was the first thing I went to look for. Lo & behold, it's still there. In fact, I seems like all that's happened during my time off was a bunch of characters got added to the game. Do they update/fix characters between seasons still? That was always something to look forward to.

In last 2 month there were no major changes. Invisible woman got fixed and Miles fixed/updated. That is pretty much it (well also 5* captain but it's a different league).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're current at a phenomenal rate of fixing ONE character a season for the last 3 or 4 seasons.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:

In last 2 month there were no major changes. Invisible woman got fixed and Miles fixed/updated. That is pretty much it (well also 5* captain but it's a different league).
    Star-Lord was upgraded recently too, though that may be more than two months ago. It happened during my two month absence at least. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct on S-L but I think it was done before Anniversary week (which brought fix/nerf to Dino as well) - so probably September/October.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    Correct on S-L but I think it was done before Anniversary week (which brought fix/nerf to Dino as well) - so probably September/October.
    I was locked out of the game during the Anniversary, so I am pretty sure Star-Lord was changed after that. icon_e_smile.gif
    *goes archive diving* Looks like the change to Star-Lord was announced on October 20th, so just after the Anniversary celebrations ended.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:
    They're current at a phenomenal rate of fixing ONE character a season for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Sure that feels slow, but that's a better way to do it, I feel, than throwing out a half dozen changes and then finding you broke something and can't figure out what.

Just do incrimental changes and see how they pan out before moving on to the next one.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta wrote:

And for the vast majority of this game's lifespan, they fixed ZERO characters per season. Which would you prefer?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully the latest software update will at least bring the buttons back to what they were... or even better, tell us the total amount of ISO we need to level them To The Maxx!!!

Or tell us how much we can level them up with our CURRENT amount of ISO! Not current amount plus 78000 iso!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being a casual player that hasn't spent a dime on this otherwise free game and doesn't intend change that any time soon to say this prompt is annoying is putting it mildly. Really it isn't even the fact that it's trying to goad my into buying the Iso-8 that bugs me as much as it is the fact that I can't see how much I need to save up, it's very frustrating.

Being a semi-casual player who has spent a plethora of dimes on this, it annoys me as well.

It's not even accurate. If you're trying to champ a 4* from near base, that button needs to be clicked several times to get you there. At $100 a pop.

Don't let your kids near the roster screen.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Apparently R119 is changing the level up button...so wait until after Monday =)

Is this some kind of witchcraft? Does killing the app for iOS count as making it worse?
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Holy **** they actually made it better!

Looking at my 3nos (who I am working on champing) it shows 119,919 ISO to get him to 166 (I have 49k). Clicking that button, of course, tells me I don't have enough and another button click will take me to the store.

Looking at *Blade shows 279,042 ISO needed. So not only did they reverse their previous bad move, they fixed it so it now shows the full amount.

Kudos.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yasuru wrote:
    Holy **** they actually made it better!

Looking at my 3nos (who I am working on champing) it shows 119,919 ISO to get him to 166 (I have 49k). Clicking that button, of course, tells me I don't have enough and another button click will take me to the store.

Looking at *Blade shows 279,042 ISO needed. So not only did they reverse their previous bad move, they fixed it so it now shows the full amount.

Kudos.

Someone want to post some screenshots for those of us stuck behind the iOS bug wall?