5* Cap Yellow - bug? [Devs Aware]

Rod5
Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
Hi,

I've noticed that Earth's Mightiest Heroes stun element can be used up on a opponent that the aoe downs.

Example - if you have 2 enemies, with one at 20k health and the other at 1k, if you target the bigger health character and fire cap's yellow it may well stun the low health character who is then downed by aoe damage. The stun is effectively wasted.

I remember Scarlet Witch having a similar issue with Reality Crush, but this has since been fixed.

Can you look into this, thanks!

Rod

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    One can only guess the different effects are being fired off in Random Order
  • Rod5
    Yep, and that's what it says in the description - however when you have a full health 5* champ in front of you that you really want to stun and another character who's on death's door, I can't believe it's intentional that the stun is wasted on the other character.

It's certainly not desirable!
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    It's not a bug, just poor design, just as it was with Switch. Since they set the precedent by fixing her so that she no longer "randomly" stuns a downed char, I sent them an in App ticket req to look at doing the same for Steve.
    The order could make it tricky though... all Multipurpose abilities have a sequence, and near as I can tell the stun comes last, which would make it easier to fix by doing a "check health" before applying the stun, easier coding... but if I am wrong and the stun is not the last step, could be more challenging from a dev perspective.

Either way I agree that they should fix, I am heavily biased by the fact that I have a champed 5cap and seeing those stuns go to waste on tough matches when the move is kinda expensive is a bummer, and occasionally match breaking if I'm fighting other champed 5s who are free to bang on me after I fire it. Especially frustrating when you have a full or almost full health 5 star and low health other char left, and it downs the other char and applies the stun to them!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. Dead characters should never be stunned. Stun should always occur last after all damage is applied.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Agreed. Dead characters should never be stunned. Stun should always occur last after all damage is applied.

Random stun, certainly. At least with Windstorm (etc...) you can choose who takes the stun (presumably someone who's not about to die.

(That said it'd be pretty nice if Fury's yellow stun triggered after the damage as well. I know its not "random" stun per se but it's supposed to be 5 different folks doing a combo move. I don't think that's asking too much icon_e_smile.gif )
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone. The team has been notified of this and they'll be looking into what can be done. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Rod5
    Any developments on this? Could do with this working properly now OML has been neutered...
  • Rod5
    Have noticed that this has been fixed, thanks!