1.10 Release Notes *Updated (2/3/17)

Options

Comments

• buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does everyone still get that thing where most of the time when they tap on a support it ignores you the first time around, and you have to do it twice, or is it just me?

Has that been fixed?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Does everyone still get that thing where most of the time when they tap on a support it ignores you the first time around, and you have to do it twice, or is it just me?

Has that been fixed?

Yes, i get that sometimes.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:
    At least [redacted] finally works!

What on Earth was redacted -- in assuming it is still broken and I'd love to know which card or feature it is so I don't use it
    The fix is probably fine, and you're at no risk of using it yet - these were apparently unreleased cards from a future expansion.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D3go has the Aether Revolt card list posted.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sooooo do you think its a little bit much to ask that they actually tell is anything useful about this update?
    so far we have a couple of bug fixes, names of events and the name of a card set. thats it. not even a release date or any actual information at all. can you please have the information we need very soon please? perhaps refrain from posting about the next updates until you can actually tell us what they are?

To rephrase my above post:

Finally, [redacted] works! What a relief! That card was a real mess!

That's hilarious. Wow.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take the time to address my recent mistake, which resulted in several posts being redacted.

In an effort to provide information on upcoming fixes that would improve the player experience, I failed to realize that 2 of the cards mentioned in these changes had yet to be released. This was an oversight that I am solely to blame, and I sincerely apologize for having caused any confusion.

Thank you for understanding.
  • Fake Cards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take the time to address my recent mistake, which resulted in several posts being redacted.

In an effort to provide information on upcoming fixes that would improve the player experience, I failed to realize that 2 of the cards mentioned in these changes had yet to be released. This was an oversight that I am solely to blame, and I sincerely apologize for having caused any confusion.

Thank you for understanding.
    The same thing happened with Startled Awake and Westvale Abbey so it's really no biggie.
    Now... if Battle at the Bridge hasn't been fixed, then it's a biggie.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you plan to update the release notes Brigby?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Yes, I will be updating the pre-release notes to the final release notes when the update goes live.

Having said that though, I'll update the pre-release notes to include the link to the Aether Revolt card set.

Edit: Added link to Aether Revolt card set gallery
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Yes, I will be updating the pre-release notes to the final release notes when the update goes live.

Having said that though, I'll update the pre-release notes to include the link to the Aether Revolt card set.

Edit: Added link to Aether Revolt card set gallery

OK thanks Brigby. For future reference can we try and have the release notes earlier on?
  • Brigby
    Options
    OK thanks Brigby. For future reference can we try and have the release notes earlier on?
    We're definitely working with Hibernum to try and get more information to the community earlier on. Having said that though, the reason we have Pre-Release and Final Release Notes is because until the update goes live, we can't necessarily guarantee all the information on the release notes are solidified.

Sometimes there are last minute changes before build submission, or a build submission fails and we need to remove certain content to fix for the next update. We'll try to include more information in the Pre-Release next time, but unfortunately due to the previously stated reason, Final Release Notes will only be available the day of the update.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I can tell, the only thing changed in the gallery was the indication whether or not the cards are exclusive, is that correct?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Sometimes there are last minute changes before build submission, or a build submission fails and we need to remove certain content to fix for the next update. We'll try to include more information in the Pre-Release next time, but unfortunately due to the previously stated reason, Final Release Notes will only be available the day of the update.

This explanation goes a long way. Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    As far as I can tell, the only thing changed in the gallery was the indication whether or not the cards are exclusive, is that correct?
    Oh, the reason for my update was just to include the link to the card gallery for everyone's convenience. If there were any changes to it, then I was not informed of them.

Edit: Updated to Final Release Notes
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the fact that the new event information has no references to any colours... does that mean we are not colour restricted on the nodes this time?
  • Boohoho
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Oh, the reason for my update was just to include the link to the card gallery for everyone's convenience. If there were any changes to it, then I was not informed of them.

Edit: Updated to Final Release Notes

The card gallery has cards not shown in thekaladesh possible card to be looted list. Can we still get all the new Aer cards from the kaladesh block packs?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    With the fact that the new event information has no references to any colours... does that mean we are not colour restricted on the nodes this time?

I'd very much like to know this as well. To be honest, I'd really like not being limited by color.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boohoho wrote:
    The card gallery has cards not shown in thekaladesh possible card to be looted list. Can we still get all the new Aer cards from the kaladesh block packs?
    Uh, the card gallery will always have those cards because it shows them even if they're exclusive. If you tap / mouseover those cards, you'll see they aren't available in booster packs. Or you can visit the link in my signature and search for which cards are in AER and see right away which are exclusives.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whoever wrote these patch notes totally buried the lede; being able to search subtypes is a great improvement that should totally be highlighted. Making decks for events will be much more convenient now. Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Nitymp wrote:

I'd very much like to know this as well. To be honest, I'd really like not being limited by color.
    Great question! I've passed that along to the team, and I'll update this post with their response once I get it. (Probably tomorrow, since it's almost 8pm in Montreal and they're probably off work already)
    Delnai wrote:
    Whoever wrote these patch notes totally buried the lede; being able to search subtypes is a great improvement that should totally be highlighted. Making decks for events will be much more convenient now. Thanks!
    I didn't write it, but I am the one who edits it before posting it in the forums. I'll definitely keep an eye out for fixes / improvements to highlight in the future.

Having said that, I'll go ahead and add a "Notable Fixes / Improvements" section to these release notes right now