I still miss the old new victory banner

halirin
halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
What if we just got the flashy banner randomly? Maybe 4% of victories? That'd be great.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    How about only in PVP when you win a bagman cover?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sparkles were so short lived, but I remember.

It should be for victories where you lose less than 5% of total health.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I still miss that bug where you'd get the victory notification at the start of your last turn, sometimes after your penultimate turn. Wished they left that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always thought it was kind of odd. It didn't feel like one complete unit, the new addition was so obiously plopped on top of the existing banner.

I didn't *hate* it or even dislike it, I just thought it was a strange half-measure by the art department. If they wanted to jazz it up a bit, they should have redone the whole thing, not add that odd extra layer on top that notably stood out as a seperate entity.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    deadtaco wrote:
    I still miss that bug where you'd get the victory notification at the start of your last turn, sometimes after your penultimate turn. Wished they left that.

that was the BEST, cause it'd be fascinating to watch how you win. Once had Switch/Phx/OML against BB Spidey/OML/Goblin, and spidey was dead, goblin had 10k health and OML full health. Take my turn and suddenly victory banner pops after that and i'm dumbfounded, watched as Switch blue activates and goes on a massive cascade that takes out both characters and i was like....huh...neat.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:

that was the BEST, cause it'd be fascinating to watch how you win. Once had Switch/Phx/OML against BB Spidey/OML/Goblin, and spidey was dead, goblin had 10k health and OML full health. Take my turn and suddenly victory banner pops after that and i'm dumbfounded, watched as Switch blue activates and goes on a massive cascade that takes out both characters and i was like....huh...neat.
    Clairvoyant AI is the best AI.

Bring back the sparkles!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ^ That STILL happens, though. If you use certain moves ( LCap Red ) to down the last enemy, Victory banner pops up before the move is even done.

Order of operations are still somewhat busted. And there has forever definitely been a stutter in animations, on the last hit.