Mr. Fantastic - Reboot

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in Speculation and Concepts
Well I just had what should have been an easy crash take more tries than it should have because Reed Richards kind of sucks. So its time for another attempt to fix him. icon_e_smile.gif

blueflag.png Elasticity

POWER COST bluetile.png 8

Mr. Fantastic reacts to the opponent's attack. Place a trap. When enemy stuns a Mr. F or team member, if a trap is available, remove trap and stun random enemy team member for 2 turns. If trap is matched away create a 75 shield.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Creates strength 89 Protect tile.
Level 3: Creates strength 105 Protect tile.
Level 4: Creates strength 121 Protect tile. Increase stun to 3 turns.
Level 5: Creates strength 142 Protect tile. Create two traps.
At Max Level:
Level 3: Creates strength 178 Protect tile.
Level 4: Creates strength 222 Protect tile. Increase stun to 3 turns.
Level 5: Creates strength 287 Protect tile. Create two traps.

yellowflag.png Master of the Fantastic

POWER COST yellowtile.png 0

(PASSIVE) Mr. Fantastic stands against the impossible in defense of his family and his world. Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, Mr. Fantastic heals for 409 and generates 1 AP in team's strongest color. 1 additional green AP per other FF member on the team.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Heals for 573.
Level 3: Heals for 736.
Level 4: Heals for 1063. and generates 1 AP in team's TWO strongest colors. 1 additional green AP per other FF member on the team.
Level 5: Heals for 1718. and generates 1 AP in team's TWO strongest colors. 2 additional green AP per other FF member on the team.

At Max Level:
Level 3: Heals for 1460.
Level 4: Heals for 2109. and generates 1 AP in team's TWO strongest colors. 1 additional green AP per other FF member on the team.
Level 5: Heals for 3406. and generates 1 AP in team's TWO strongest colors. 2 additional green AP per other FF member on the team.

blackflag.png Imaginaut
Power Cost blacktile.png 9

Reed Richards emerges from his lab with a Fantastic device that defies imagination. He places a 2-turn Black Countdown tile.

(PASSIVE) While one of these tiles is on the board, whenever a Red, Green and Yellow match is made, deal 146 damage. Increase the duration of these tiles by 1 if it was a friendly match.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Deals 204 additional damage.
Level 3: Deals 263 additional damage. Fortify Imaginut Tile.
Level 4: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile.
Level 5: Deals 409 additional damage.

At Max Level:
Level 3: Deals 522 additional damage, 2 turn Countdown tile. Fortify Imaginut Tile.
Level 4: Deals 522 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.
Level 5: Deals 812 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Dunno what you were going for there. You took his least specialized power (blue, decent stun + protect) and made it the most specialized.

Maybe what he needs is a total overhaul, complete rebuild and re-imagining. I'm talking the original XFW buff.

Let's not be set on keeping him as a special-tile synergy guy--Medusa is much better at that (and even has the AP gain). But I guess it's okay to re-appropriate his powers a little bit. I basically combined yellow and black into one power.

blueflag.pngElasticity (Passive)
    Reed Richards uses his elastic body to confound his foes and eliminate their tactical advantages.
    (PASSIVE) Enemy matches beyond the first in a turn deal 50% less damage.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Enemy matches beyond the first deal 100% less damage. Level 3: Enemy matches beyond the first generate 1 less AP. Level 4: Gain 1 AP in a matching color for each enemy match beyond the first in a turn. Level 5: Gain 1 Team-Up AP whenever an enemy makes a match.

yellowflag.pngMaster of the Fantastic (Passive)
    Mr. Fantastic stands against the impossible in defense of his family and his world.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, Mr. Fantastic heals for 327.
    (PASSIVE) When your team makes a Green, Red, or Yellow match, create an Attack tile of Strength 41.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Heals for 459. Strength 55 Attack tile. Level 3: Heals for 589. Strength 95 Attack tile. Level 4: Heals for 851. Strength 124 Attack tile. Level 5: Heals for 1273. Max Level
      Level 3: Heals for 1168. Strength 182 Attack tile. Level 4: Heals for 1686. Strength 241 Attack tile. Level 5: Heals for 2725. Strength 241 Attack tile.

blackflag.pngImaginaut 9 blacktile.png AP
    Cooperating with some of the world's greatest minds, Reed Richards emerges from his lab with a device that defies imagination. Locks 2 enemy Countdown tiles and deals 516 damage to the target, plus an additional 52 damage for each Team-Up AP in your reserve. (Team-UP AP is not consumed by this power.)

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: 798 damage plus 80 damage per friendly Team-Up AP. Level 3: Locks 3 Countdown tiles. Level 4: Locks 4 Countdown tiles. 1086 damage plus 108 per friendly Team-Up AP. Level 5: Locks all enemy Countdown tiles. 1657 damage plus 166 per friendly Team-Up AP. At Level 270:
      Level 3: Deals 1583 damage plus 158 per Team-Up AP, and locks 3 enemy Countdown tiles. Level 4: Deals 2154 damage plus 215 per Team-Up AP, and locks 4 enemy Countdown tiles. Level 5: Deals 3284 damage plus 328 per Team-Up AP, and locks all enemy Countdown tiles.

I think he'd be really fun to punish an enemy team that gets a big cascade--at 5/3/5, not only will you steal some of the AP from the AP cascade but you will rapidly build up your TU reserves, boosting Imaginaut to crazy levels. npxo Plus he's got decent synergy with many other heroes including Fantastic Four members, and offers a soft counter to the recent CD-heavy meta.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I thought he needed a complete overhaul. But considering they aren't likely to do that, I went for a different approach. I like his specialized power especially given how much his blue sucks. Especially considering other blue powers in the game.