PVP seed teams

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've heard in the past that seed teams are only there until people start playing the PVP, but would it be too hard to always have 3 seed teams?

I don't need to always be able to get to 200 with only seed teams, but I would like to get to 100 with seed teams. Especially since the first three prizes are SOME ISO, a Standard token (standard in SCL 8? I thought they said no more of those...) and a rainbow boost.

Am I just whining? This may not be the biggest thing that needs to be addressed about PVPs.

is there a list somewhere that we can all come up with of things that need to be fixed on PVP (or everything, but that's a lot) that we can send to Brigby so he can comment on? icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    As far as I can tell, there's no rhyme or reason to when you get seed teams. I've joined early, late, to pvp with only 20 people in them, or 300 people, with no boosted 4*s or with 2+ boosted 4*s. In all cases, sometimes I get seed teams and sometimes I don't. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems pretty random these days.

I just wish it was consistent. Either give everyone the free 100 starting points or don't. Don't do this thing where sometimes I get to breeze through to 100 and sometimes I have to fight 2 matches of boosted 4* teams to get to 100.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    they love them some rng...
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I've heard in the past that seed teams are only there until people start playing the PVP, but would it be too hard to always have 3 seed teams?

I don't need to always be able to get to 200 with only seed teams, but I would like to get to 100 with seed teams. Especially since the first three prizes are SOME ISO, a Standard token (standard in SCL 8? I thought they said no more of those...) and a rainbow boost.

Am I just whining? This may not be the biggest thing that needs to be addressed about PVPs.

is there a list somewhere that we can all come up with of things that need to be fixed on PVP (or everything, but that's a lot) that we can send to Brigby so he can comment on? icon_e_smile.gif

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58065

That's what you are looking for.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel bad when I enter an event and instead of seeds I have 3 65+ point matches. I still hit them, but I don't feel good about it. I've been on the receiving end of that notification where somebody hit you from zero and it doesn't feel good.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always skip seeds and go straight for the highest point match I can find. They should get rid of them completely if you ask me. You already lose fewer points than your opponent gains for beating you at lover scores so what's the point?
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I always skip seeds and go straight for the highest point match I can find. They should get rid of them completely if you ask me. You already lose fewer points than your opponent gains for beating you at lover scores so what's the point?

I like the seeds because it's a free 100-200 points and sometimes the game matches me up with foes I don't think I can beat soon after that. Maybe I'm just scared.

I'm a 3* roster and sometimes it's hard to go up against 3 300 level 3*s with their boosts. Do I always win these or only if there's a good board for me?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the seed teams in 9 out of 10 PvP events but never more than 3. So I am not sure how you can get to 200 points with them (well - maybe when you start as soon as the events starts but I never do that). They are fine where they are.

Also 3* roster (even if you have rostered 5* and are regretting now) shouldn't have much of the problem getting to 300-575 points for each pvp. Remember that you have huge advantage over the AI so winning against equal or even slightly stronger team is not that difficult to achieve. If you need to bring in the boosts (+2 for one key skill should be enough).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    When I was first starting out I would fight the 3 seed teams and then quit. It was better than not playing the event at all when my roster wasn't ready for versus.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    To my knowledge, the only time you get more than 3 seed teams is when you've got the app open at the time a new LR starts. Other than that, you only get the three.

I don't find the three seed matches all that important. If you're going to spend any time whatsoever in the given PVP, you're going to win and lose that many points many times over. They're meaningless in the long run. They only really matter in lightning rounds.
  • the opening of simulator right at the season start offers seed teams up to 250 points or so. of course youll take a bunch of small hits after.

other than that 3 max in regular pvp. i do those for the easy iso and to hopefully set up a few big point retals.
  • JamieMadrox
    mexus wrote:
    Speaking of seed teams,
    what is the main purpose of these? I like them but they feel like a flaw in the development somehow.
    The original point of seed teams was to help inject easy points in to the slice early in events. Back then points won/lost when someone attacked you was 1:1. Now that it's 3:1(?) though there's really little need if MMR is working correctly. Everyone should be able to find beatable teams to start and win more points then their opponent loses.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

So, you can win the seed teams in less than a minute and win 300-500 iso and 101 points, and you want to get rid of these, ****???? You can always fight the other teams afterwards. This is basically 500 iso for free. And in LR is A LOT MORE ISO. You want to get rid of seed teams in LR too, where you can easily get 1500+ iso in less than 5 minutes????

Man, your opinion is really surprising...
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:

So, you can win the seed teams in less than a minute and win 300-500 iso and 101 points, and you want to get rid of these, ****???? You can always fight the other teams afterwards. This is basically 500 iso for free. And in LR is A LOT MORE ISO. You want to get rid of seed teams in LR too, where you can easily get 1500+ iso in less than 5 minutes????

When you become a "Legendary player", seed teams and easy ISOs is not worth the time. Also, they can't hit back so what's the challenge? There is a reason to become a legend. icon_lol.gif
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker

To set defensive teams. Defensive teams are determined by winning a match, so you have to beat something to get that out there. Not really necessary after the first 20 minutes or even less, but its something to get the ball rolling.
  • JamieMadrox
    Polares wrote:

I don't play LRs and ISO is rarely an issue for me.
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I play every LR if time permits. If I join directly in the beginning I always get 7-10 (?) seed teams. I am killing them with 3* Thanos and OML within less than 3 minutes or something like that.

That's about 1.5k iso (no scientific math here) on average each time for less than 3 minutes.

Why should I skip them? Really confused icon_e_confused.gif