Theorycraft: Only Mythic Decks

Options
trashbear
trashbear Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Inspired by the non mythic decks thread, what's the best deck you can construct with only mythic cards. It's harder than it sounds because some of the most useful spells and supports aren't mythic. I don't have all the cards to try it out, but it seems like Sorin could put together an interesting deck.

Spells:
Descend Upon the Sinful
Deploy the Gatewatch
Behold the Beyond
Infinite Obliteration

Supports:
Mirrorpool
Demonic Pact
Hixus, Prison Warden

Creatures:
Pick any three

Comments

• Oaklanbash
    Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Demonic Pact is really dangerous with Sorin's low HP level....
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kiora, Master of the Depths
    C-Omnath, Locus of Rage
    C-Ulvenwald Hydra
    U-Part the Waterveil
    U-Alhammarret's Archive
    S-Seasons Past
    S-Nissa's Renewal
    S-Engulf the Shore
    S-Day's Undoing
    S-Bring to Light

Omnath, mini-Omnaths, Ulvenwald and Waterveil Island Elementals are your attack force, if all three cards are in play, it's probably best to sacrifice the Island Elementals and just use Waterveil to gain 10 mana (or more) every time you cast Seasons Past or Nissa's Renewal. Those two spells are key to you getting your stuff out. Ideally you cast Nissa's Renewal to chain into a Seasons Past which will recur Renewal back from the graveyard and give you a ton of tokens. Your loyalty will probably be going to the first ability but if you have enough stored up you could possibly summon Kiora's ultimate too.

Alhammarret's Archive is mainly there for draw and to double the life gain from Nissa's Renewal. Engulf the Shore is a mandatory mass bounce. Day's Undoing is also for draw and benefits slightly from Alhammaret's Archive. Bring to Light is there to help you cycle through your deck to kill the opponent more quickly.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since my deck was almost there already....
    Cards marked with an asterisk are ones I do not own, so I'm merely guessing they would be good substitutes for cards already in the deck.

Jace, Unraveler of Secrets:

Exert Influence
    Sphinx of the Final Word
    Emrakul, the Promised End
    Void Winnower
    Startled Awake
    Mind's Dilation
    Mirrorpool*
    Alhammerret's Archive*
    Crush of Tentacles*
    Engulf the Shore*
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kiora is probably the best candidate for this challenge.

Creatures:
    Gaea's Revenge
    Soul Swallower

Spells:
    Exert Influence
    Nissa's Renewal
    Bring To Light
    Season's Past
    Engulf The Shore

Supports:
    Evolutionary Leap

Mana ramps:
    Zendikar Resurgent
    Startled Awake
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sould swalloer while a nice care would suffer wouldnt it? there would never be a delirium green state really. omanth would be a better choice i would think. all theory i dont have half those cards except soul sallower
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    sould swalloer while a nice care would suffer wouldnt it? there would never be a delirium green state really. omanth would be a better choice i would think. all theory i dont have half those cards except soul sallower

The reason I put Soul Swallower in is because it's a cheap card that can grow quickly with Evolutionary Leap. I would maybe swap it with Undergrowth Champion but everything else is pretty high-cost already.
  • morgue427
    Options
    undegrowth is nasty, it would be killer though once it pumps a bit i hate when someone puts that dam thing out plus it will pump on its own with greeen matches faced a 13/ 13 by the time he was done cascade casting it and it was game over for me
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    undegrowth is nasty, it would be killer though once it pumps a bit i hate when someone puts that dam thing out plus it will pump on its own with greeen matches faced a 13/ 13 by the time he was done cascade casting it and it was game over for me

I still really like it post-nerf as well. There have been matches I've won with that card and some cascades alone.
  • morgue427
    Options
    really wish they would offer it for sale,(hint hint devs) my green sucks just because the only green mythic i have is soul swallower