During the last meeting of my roster...

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Nick Fury enters a room filled with people in brightly colored costumes all sitting around a massive table, “Ok people, Boss Rush 2 has been confirmed. We need to start prepping a team so our agent isn’t going into this blind.”

Hawkeye kicks back in his chair, “Is on, bro.”

“Is this going to be like last time?” Rocket asks from his perch on Groot’s shoulder, “Because there’s no way I’m joining the team if it’s anything like that suicide mission last time. We’re not getting paid enough for that.”

“I am Groot,” Groot agrees.

Spider-Man holds his bag, “Can we ‘tank’ some missions beforehand? That might make it easier.”

Wolverine shakes his head, “Tanking ain’t a thing no more, bub.”

Spider-Man looks dejected, “Shucks. If only our agent could find my black costume…”

“Can I come?” Yelena asks. “I can steal AP,” she reminds.

“No,” Nick Fury says, “Cupcakes aren’t a thing anymore, either.”

Tony Stark sets his martini down on the table and sighs, “I guess I can get suited up. My model 40 armor is ready, as always.”

Captain America is sitting next to Tony, “This is Boss Rush; we may need ‘Veronica’ for this one.”

The Hulk slams his fist on the table, “HULK SMASH PUNY HULKBUSTER!!!”

Wolverine pops his claws into the air for dramatic effect with a sharp *SNIKT*, “Let’s Hulk-bomb ‘em again. That was fun, last time. I’ll go get my eye patch.”

“No gimmicks this time, Logan,” Storm interrupts, “We’ll probably be fighting your older doppelganger from the future. We need a solid strategy.”

The Punisher slaps a magazine into his machine gun, “Send me. While all of you sit around flapping your gums, I’ll take care of the old man.”

“Bullets alone won’t bring us victory,” Mr. Fantastic interjects while typing on an advanced-looking handheld computer, “I calculate a 73.2% chance Galactus will be there.”

Groot’s eyes widen, “I am Groot…”

“Yep, that’s it.” Rocket hops off Groot’s shoulder to leave with a dismissive wave, “We’re outta here.”

She-Hulk punches a fist into her palm, “I’m not afraid of Galactus, Reed. Just point me in his direction and I’ll beat the **** out of his ankle.”

“And if that doesn’t work,” Spider-Man nods, “You can always sue him.”

“Everyone needs to relax,” Sue Storm provides a calming presence, “I can protect us with my force fields.”

“Against Galactus?” Quicksilver snorts, “Don’t be a fool. You’ll need my speed against such a foe.”

Nick Fury shakes his head, “Not this time, Pietro. But maybe your sister. Has anyone seen the teenaged Jean?”

“She’s sleeping,” Cyclops answers, “She’s exhausted from being buffed last week.”

Kate Bishop looks around, “Who’s buffed this week?”

“The new girl,” Iron Fist points, “Riri.”

“By the crimson bands of Cytorrak,” Dr. Strange rests his forehead into a palm with a heavy sigh, “We’re screwed.”

Comments

• doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Dormammu wrote:

She-Hulk punches a fist into her palm, “I’m not afraid of Galactus, Reed. Just point me in his direction and I’ll beat the **** out of his ankle.”
    Coffee, right out my nose. icon_lol.gif
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Great post icon_lol.gif I think I'm with Rocket on this one! icon_arrow.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    someone should comment to shulk:

'you could sue him and drain his black, but the judge may giving you a different color...'
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    doomette wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Coffee, right out my nose. icon_lol.gif
    I stole that line. She-Hulk actually said that (to Cap, not Reed) in Secret Wars #9 (1984) written by Jim Shooter, as they were girding themselves to take on Galactus. It's a great line.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one still trying to figure out what a Comic pack is? I've been playing and visiting the forums for about a year and I have never heard that term. Is that something new or just a odd name for something. Super confused. icon_e_confused.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:

Nick Fury shakes his head, “Not this time, Pietro. But maybe your sister. Has anyone seen the teenaged Jean?”

“She’s sleeping,” Cyclops answers, “She’s exhausted from being buffed last week.”

Is it just me or is this dirty to anyone else? Maybe it's because Cyclops is such a creepy tinykitty.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Cool story Dormammu. Entertaining, funny, meaningful. I enjoyed it. Thanks!

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    Am I the only one still trying to figure out what a Comic pack is? I've been playing and visiting the forums for about a year and I have never heard that term. Is that something new or just a odd name for something. Super confused. icon_e_confused.gif
    Basically, comic pack = token.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Basically, comic pack = token.

Ah thanks. Even though I posed my question in the wrong thread. icon_lol.gif
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Dormammu wrote:

Is it just me or is this dirty to anyone else? Maybe it's because Cyclops is such a creepy tinykitty.

The Cyclops/Teen Jean dynamic in All-New X-Men was almost as creepy as the current Old Man Logan/Teen Jean dynamic in Extraordinary X-Men.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I love this. Everyone sitting around chatting reads like a Bendis comic. OMG Dormammu is BMB! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Fury: Yelena?

Yelena: YES!

Fury: Give us your team-up. The good one.

Yelena: Oh.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_lol.gif Very funny stuff Dormammu.
    Where his AntMan when u need him?
    What about Deadpool where is he... eating damn tacos!?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Houtro wrote:
    :lol: Very funny stuff Dormammu.
    Where his AntMan when u need him?
    What about Deadpool where is he... eating damn tacos!?

Deadpool : *to reader* you know I could hop in there and cream that sucker With a swift katana chop but if boss rush reduces them all to a dark skidmark on the underpants of the marvel universe then I'll make way more money from my comics