Question on scaling when it comes to adding 5* characters

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in Roster and Level Help
See a link to my mostly current roster in my sig. Short version: Every 3* champed except for Hood (which will be soon), Thanos and Rags. Highest leveled 3* character is Lazy Thor at 195. Juuuuuuust starting to dip my toe in 4* land; I think I'm down to only about five 4* characters NOT rostered. Read on for my dilemma.

I've been hoarding LTs and CP for quite awhile now, as my HP was going to rostering 4* characters won through placement or champ rewards and PVE progression. Any new character I pulled would be at risk of being sold due to lack of HP for opening a roster slot, so I decided hoarding was the better option. Well, I finally have gotten to the point where I can get about 2000 HP in reserve and pull some of the LTs. I've been pulling until I get an unrostered character and using 1000 HP for that new character while still having 1000 HP in reserve for new characters/emergencies.

Last week I pulled my first 5*: Thanos green. I added him to my roster but plan to keep him at 255. So far it hasn't seemed to mess with my scaling in PVE. But I just recently pulled 5trange purple and am wondering if I should add him to my roster. I've read that scaling for PVE is based on the three highest leveled characters, although I wasn't clear if that included boosted characters.

For instance, in Venom Bomb my highest leveled boosted characters are 3* Daken at 289, War Machine at 257 and Gamora at 256 before you hit Thano5 at 255.

So my question is, should I go ahead and add Strang5? I hate the idea of throwing away a 5*, but I don't want to make the game unnecessarily more difficult either. Because if the game doesn't take into account boosted characters, then I would have a very big gap between two characters at 255 and the next highest at 195. But if boosted characters count, then I would think that this is essentially a moot point, because most of my boosted characters will end up at or above the 255 mark anyway.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosts are taken into account as I understand it. You shouldn't have any trouble if you add Dr Strange to your roster.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Boosts are taken into account as I understand it. You shouldn't have any trouble if you add Dr Strange to your roster.

I know there's a year-old stickied thread that suggests that boosts are taken into account. But if they are, I would expect my PvE enemy levels to vary a little, week to week, based on which characters are boosted. But my enemy levels don't vary at all -- they always top out at the exact same level every event.

But I agree the OP shouldn't have a problem rostering 5*, as long as he resists the temptation to add levels to them.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I know there's a year-old stickied thread that suggests that boosts are taken into account. But if they are, I would expect my PvE enemy levels to vary a little, week to week, based on which characters are boosted. But my enemy levels don't vary at all -- they always top out at the exact same level every event.

But I agree the OP shouldn't have a problem rostering 5*, as long as he resists the temptation to add levels to them.

Oh, there's not really any temptation to add levels at this point. Truth be told, I would rather draw 4*s and get that tier complete before really getting any 5*s.