Need help in who to level up first!

Options
Hi All!

I got Patch 4/5/4 and Punisher 3/5/5 both at 141. I usually run with Pun/Patch/OBW but I'm becoming a easy target with OBW, so I want to know who to level up next....

Hulk 5/3/4

or

Black Panther

5/3/4

I have enough HP to buy one cover. Thanks for your input!

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Hi All!

I got Patch 4/5/4 and Punisher 3/5/5 both at 141. I usually run with Pun/Patch/OBW but I'm becoming a easy target with OBW, so I want to know who to level up next....

Hulk 5/3/4

or

Black Panther

5/3/4

Between the 2, BP makes more sense as he provides more colors that you're missing (a really useful black, passable blue and okay yellow). Hulk is fat but wont contribute much to the offense. OBW is probably still your best bet on offense, but subbing in BP on defense would be ebtter.
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Hi All!

Hulk 5/3/4

or

Black Panther

5/3/4

Between the 2, BP makes more sense as he provides more colors that you're missing (a really useful black, passable blue and okay yellow). Hulk is fat but wont contribute much to the offense. OBW is probably still your best bet on offense, but subbing in BP on defense would be ebtter.

Actually, I would go the other route with the hulk as long as his black ability is 4 or 5. He can help feed you greens for Punisher and Patch. Having said that, I really am not a big fan of Punisher and Patch, since they share two colors. You may also want to consider Spider-Man at this point if your other two characters are 141.
  • Thanks for your input so far guys.

Also my Spiderman is 4/2/5 so no go on Spiderman.And I my C Mags is 5/2/2
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Knyghtmare wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Hi All!

Hulk 5/3/4

or

Black Panther

5/3/4

Actually, I would go the other route with the hulk as long as his black ability is 4 or 5. He can help feed you greens for Punisher and Patch. Having said that, I really am not a big fan of Punisher and Patch, since they share two colors. You may also want to consider Spider-Man at this point if your other two characters are 141.

With that team you're constrained to only 3 useful colors though, which I've found to be really bad during my Thor/Wolvie/Ares days.
  • Tough call.

If you want to field an exclusively 3* team, then i'd go Patch / Punisher / BP.

Alternatively, if you go with Hulk, using Center/left/right positioning, then you can run

Hulk / Punisher / OBW
    Hulk will tank Green, Red, Yellow. Punisher tanks black. OBW is only exposed on Purple/blue. Ideally you'll want to only get purple / blue on cascades, or when lots of strike tiles are out.

Hulk / Patch / OBW.
    Hulk Tanks Green, Red, Black. Patch tanks Yellow. Patch Berserker will help trigger anger. Same behaviour with OBW.

With careful play, both teams you can marathon play. OBW blue will keep punisher healed up. Health pack on Hulk once in a while, rest of the teams shouldn't need them.

HOWEVER, i'd still go Punisher / Patch / BP.
  • BP without a doubt
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You have a 5/2/2 C.Mag
    You dont even need to lvl up C.Mag as you just want spammable ability to feed of patch strike tile. You can also reliably get covers for him in lightning round which come around very often.

A patch, classic mag and punisher is one of the best team. Get 9 green and 5 blue then throw berserker rage and spam blue them to death + the occasional translocation and Molotov cocktail .

Also when running this team it is worth noticing that a lvl 140 punisher is better because it will let patch tank yellow+ red + green + purple when he is in the middle. (punisher have 11 purple strength at 140 and 12 at 141). This way you get more damage from best there is, and punisher will only tank black.

I guess this wouldnt apply to you since you already lvl your punisher to 141.

This would be my core team running a 5/3/5 patch, 3/5/5 punisher and 5/5/3 mags on offense. You pretty much cover the rainbow (only no active yellow). Patch and C.Mag right now would just work as a team of 2(well C.Mag is pretty much a one man army, patch just speed thing up which is great). They will work for PVE and PVP where you are required to use certain character. Punisher is a bonus for Molotov Cocktail is cheap and is aoe effect.
    On defense i would just replace Punisher for a 5/5/3 hood.
  • I agree BP is probably the way to go. But you should consider respeccing your patch. Either go 5/5/3 or 5/3/5. Best ther is is a decent move, but only really good if patch is tanking a bunch of colors. It's also very expensive. When you build up your c mags (nerf permitting) you'll have a great spamable red which will do way more damage after you've used berzerker rage than BTI would do.

Do you have a good hood?
    The Hood is an amzing character who makes your offense way faster and your defense potentially extremely annoying.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:
    You have a 5/2/2 C.Mag
    You dont even need to lvl up C.Mag as you just want spammable ability to feed of patch strike tile. You can also reliably get covers for him in lightning round which come around very often.

A patch, classic mag and punisher is one of the best team. Get 9 green and 5 blue then throw berserker rage and spam blue them to death + the occasional translocation and Molotov cocktail .

Also when running this team it is worth noticing that a lvl 140 punisher is better because it will let patch tank yellow+ red + green + purple when he is in the middle. (punisher have 11 purple strength at 140 and 12 at 141). This way you get more damage from best there is, and punisher will only tank black.

I guess this wouldnt apply to you since you already lvl your punisher to 141.

This would be my core team running a 5/3/5 patch, 3/5/5 punisher and 5/5/3 mags on offense. You pretty much cover the rainbow (only no active yellow). Patch and C.Mag right now would just work as a team of 2(well C.Mag is pretty much a one man army, patch just speed thing up which is great). They will work for PVE and PVP where you are required to use certain character. Punisher is a bonus for Molotov Cocktail is cheap and is aoe effect.
    On defense i would just replace Punisher for a 5/5/3 hood.

I think Punisher is rather redundant on this team: since Patch/C. Mags covers red/green, lilbunnypunpuns only there for cheap molotovs. I think BP would be far superior instead, since his black is a game ender as opposed to molotov being mostly poke with strike tiles, and he has an active yellow as extra gravy points.
  • Hands down, level Mags. He will work exceptionally with that team. I like BP a lot, but I wouldn't run him with Punisher -- you'll be using Patches green and BPs black almost exclusively, leaving punisher with only his red. ..and if you get berserker rage and panther-kapow off, you won't be needing it. Hulk/Wolvie is also redundant, but I think it presents better options. You can switch out tanks depending on need, hulk can produce green for Wolvie, and you always have the suicide attack option.
  • holy ****! thanks for the responses guys! I'm gonna sit down and try digest all this and make a decision.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    I agree BP is probably the way to go. But you should consider respeccing your patch. Either go 5/5/3 or 5/3/5. Best ther is is a decent move, but only really good if patch is tanking a bunch of colors. It's also very expensive. When you build up your c mags (nerf permitting) you'll have a great spamable red which will do way more damage after you've used berzerker rage than BTI would do.

If you build Patch right TBTI can do over 7k damage, for 14 AP. Mags red spam won't match that.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    holy ****! thanks for the responses guys! I'm gonna sit down and try digest all this and make a decision.

No problem!

Another comment to add to the confusion... icon_e_wink.gif

Since you obviously like using OBW with this pair, you may want to reconsider Spidey. He will also work very well with this combo and jives with your play style.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    I agree BP is probably the way to go. But you should consider respeccing your patch. Either go 5/5/3 or 5/3/5. Best ther is is a decent move, but only really good if patch is tanking a bunch of colors. It's also very expensive. When you build up your c mags (nerf permitting) you'll have a great spamable red which will do way more damage after you've used berzerker rage than BTI would do.

If you build Patch right TBTI can do over 7k damage, for 14 AP. Mags red spam won't match that.

Actually it will. Level 5 green Patch poops out 900 damage worth of strike tiles. You can use Mags red 7 times at level 5 for 14AP, which is going to be 900+base damage * 7 = 7k damage, which is the same as best there is. This isn't even counting the random cascades you get and how you can use mags red whenever you have red AP available, so it's far superior to BTI (which only deals 7k on a good day and with the right roster comp).
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:

Gonna have to disagree with that one. 5g Beserker Rage + 5r Mag Projectile will kill everyone, not just a single opponent. Mags can easily do 7x 1.5k dmg+ , not that you'll need that many. A resulting cascade will finish foes off long before that happens.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:

Actually it will. Level 5 green Patch poops out 900 damage worth of strike tiles. You can use Mags red 7 times at level 5 for 14AP, which is going to be 900+base damage * 7 = 7k damage, which is the same as best there is. This isn't even counting the random cascades you get and how you can use mags red whenever you have red AP available, so it's far superior to BTI (which only deals 7k on a good day and with the right roster comp).

Jinx!
  • Jachdo wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    holy ****! thanks for the responses guys! I'm gonna sit down and try digest all this and make a decision.

No problem!

Since you obviously like using OBW with this pair, you may want to reconsider Spidey. He will also work very well with this combo and jives with your play style.
    Totally agree but my spiderman is only 4/2/5 icon_e_sad.gif

Also my Mags does not have enough covers to spam magnetic projectile so far.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:

No problem!

You have enough covers in both to make them viable. You'll get the ones you need eventually. Better to focus on the right hero that may not have the covers you need than a suboptimal one just bc you can level him. ISO is far more valuable in the long run

Also, Spidey is more than a stunlock machine. Your current build will give you great heals and protection , which you will need. You'll actually be playing him the way he was intended. When I take him with me, it's usually for yellow and purple.. Blue is a bonus.
  • The shield guys have said everything perfectly. Let me just add one small thing. A lot of times it is difficult to recognize what works really well and what doesn't by looking at numbers and statistics. A lot of time you can't even recognize the power or utility of a character until they are leveled. It may not look that tasty right now, but let me assure you that Classic magneto and Patch or Punisher is unbelievable. If you get magneto to even a semi-useful spec and level (so he can take a few hits), I think you will be amazed at how nasty that team can be. Patch or Punisher should have 5 green covers and ideally Cmags would have 5 in blue or red.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:

No problem!

You have enough covers in both to make them viable. You'll get the ones you need eventually. Better to focus on the right hero that may not have the covers you need than a suboptimal one just bc you can level him. ISO is far more valuable in the long run

Also, Spidey is more than a stunlock machine. Your current build will give you great heals and protection , which you will need. You'll actually be playing him the way he was intended. When I take him with me, it's usually for yellow and purple.. Blue is a bonus.
    But my blue is so high ap cost and the protection tile needs web tiles in order to protect well.