Help with forum post [Solved]

Options
Sorin81
Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
Greetings all,

I am relatively new to this forum and honestly forums in general. This is the one and only forum I have ever used. I have replied to a few post and have learned a bit on my own but I am having trouble figuring some things out. In particular I am having problems with adding screenshots or images to post. Can someone please point me to a tutorial. Any help would be great.

Thread moved from General Discussion // Alve

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you click on the "picture" icon underneath the "subject" box, it will insert the shortcode "url" in brackets, between which you can insert a picture's URL, like html, and it will display it in the post. You will have to host the pictures on another site, such as Imgur.com.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm assuming the same would have to be done with screenshots?
  • Alve
    Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sorin81 wrote:

Yes, you have to host them on a third-party website (google 'free image hosting' or use imgur) and input the url it gives you between IMG tags to look like that:

direct_link_to_the_image.com

If you click on the little quotation marks on top of people's posts that allow you to reply with a quote, you can see what tags specifically they used to do something. So you can go to my posts in the Planeswalkers subforum for example, click on 'quote' and see how I embedded the screenshots :)
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    Sorin81 wrote:

Yes, you have to host them on a third-party website (google 'free image hosting' or use imgur) and input the url it gives you between IMG tags to look like that:

direct_link_to_the_image.com

If you click on the little quotation marks on top of people's posts that allow you to reply with a quote, you can see what tags specifically they used to do something. So you can go to my posts in the Planeswalkers subforum for example, click on 'quote' and see how I embedded the screenshots icon_e_smile.gif

is that how you do it, I never knew that. fantastic.

Thanks