QoL improvement: boost diff chars for story & versus

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
By the end of each boost week I'm usually so tired of the boosted chars that I don't want to see them again for a long time. If you boosted different characters for the week for story & versus it would help a lot with that type of burnout. Or, you could have no weekly boosts for story mode and just increase the amount of characters that are boosted in each event.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    There was a point where a statement was made suggesting that they wanted to "force choice". So early design decisions were done with the intent of making it harder for players to compete in both formats without spending. The midweek PVP often manages to be one of the characters appearing in LRs too - I am assuming this is also done for the same reason. The PVE essential characters also used to have an incredibly high likelihood of being PVP features at the same time also.

Having the 2 formats share a single boosted character list might appear frustrating, but it could also helpful from the player perspective. Let's say you have some ISO and want to make a tactical decision who to spend it on... well with only 1 boosted list that applies to both formats that decision just got a lot easier. If there were 2 different lists you would be put in a position of prioritizing one format over the other.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was a point where a statement was made suggesting that they wanted to "force choice". So early design decisions were done with the intent of making it harder for players to compete in both formats without spending. The midweek PVP often manages to be one of the characters appearing in LRs too - I am assuming this is also done for the same reason. The PVE essential characters also used to have an incredibly high likelihood of being PVP features at the same time also.

While this used to be true in the past, the way that optimal scoring in pve has changed from clears every 8 hours to a single 2-3 hour block centred on the reset, those characters are all freely available for the rest of the day, so if this was their intention then it is no longer necessary.