Did they kill Shield Intercepts?

Zeroborn
Zeroborn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the forums regarding Shield Intercepts, mostly talking about how it provides an unfair advantage in the game for mobile players vs. steam players. This post isn't interested in digging down that rabbit hole, but finding out if other people have stopped seeing intercepts at all. For the last 2 days, I've gotten zero while on mobile. Was this a conscious Dev choice or some weird bug?

*Edit: I'm on Google Play and a VIP player.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am still seeing them. Not sure if more or less than before but I value them rather highly. A lot of extra ISO and HP so I hope the plan is to keep or expand them.
  • Zeroborn
    Zeroborn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Magic wrote:
    I am still seeing them. Not sure if more or less than before but I value them rather highly. A lot of extra ISO and HP so I hope the plan is to keep or expand them.
    Are you currently a VIP or regular player?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Zeroborn wrote:
    I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the forums regarding Shield Intercepts, mostly talking about how it provides an unfair advantage in the game for mobile players vs. steam players. This post isn't interested in digging down that rabbit hole, but finding out if other people have stopped seeing intercepts at all. For the last 2 days, I've gotten zero while on mobile. Was this a conscious Dev choice or some weird bug?

Did you install MPQ from Amazon by chance? With the last patch they removed them from Amazon players because Amazon did not approve of their ad network. If you installed from Google Play you should still get them. I've gotten a few this morning already.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a regular player and I still see them, though the advertising videos are a lot longer now. Twenty seconds! For 500 ISO? Really?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regular and Google play.

And 20 seconds is nothing - we already had over 2 minute adds around BlackFriday and Christmas. Now my average is 30 seconds with occasional 15-20 seconds ones. It is all market dependent.
  • rataplan
    rataplan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I play every day. No intercepts for about a week. Today I had two in a row.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm getting loads, I split my play to maximise the number I get. I no longer care about 4 clears in the best progression time. I do 2 clears in the morning and 2 in the afternoons as I'm sure this bridges some sort of reset point. If I do all clears straight away my intercepts dry up. 2 by 2 nets me so much iso and hp I can forgive the placement slipping down 50 places.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Still getting on Apple. Got 4 out of 5 giving 1 cp wach the other night.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i still see them regularly.

I don't see the difference in the length of the clip. I don't realize if I put my handy away for 30 sec or 5 min, I often forget to pick it up for another minute