* Venom (Dark Avengers) * [PRE 2013-12]

[anchor=venom1]Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man)[/anchor]
1 Star Rarity (Common) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 2640 Tile damage: 6/7/7/19/25/22
    Devour - Black 12 AP
    If there are at least 6 Web tiles on the board, Venom grabs his target and eats them whole, destroying all Web tiles. Otherwise, he bites for 31 damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: 47 damage. Level 3: 62 damage. Level 4: 78 damage. Level 5: 93 damage.
    Max Level: 759 damage
      Symbiote Snare - Purple 7 AP
      Venom sends out his tendrils like a rope, wrapping up an enemy to stun them for 1 turn. The tendrils leave their mark on the battlefield as Venom stalks his prey; add 1 Green Web tile to the board.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Stuns whole team. +3 AP.

Older abilities:
        Devour - Black 12 AP
        If there are at least 7 Web tiles on the board, Venom grabs his target and eats them whole, destroying all Web tiles. Otherwise, he bites for 31 damage.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: 6 Web tiles to devour. Level 3: 62 damage. Level 4: 5 Web tiles to devour. Level 5: Devour whole enemy team if there are 8 Web tiles.
        Max Level: 569 damage

Original Post:
        Archjojo wrote:
        17-10-13+-+117-10-13+-+1

Venom, Dark Avengers Spiderman - common character

12 AP - Devour
        at lv 5: 6 web tiles to devour

If there are atleast 7 Web tiles on the board, Venom grabs his target and eats them whole, destroying all Web tiles. Otherwise, he bites for 25 damage.

7 AP - Symbiote Snare - at lvl 5 and lvl 10: costs -1 AP

Venom sends out his tendrils like a rope, wrapping up an enemy to stun them for 1 turn. The tendrils leave their mark on the battlefield as Venom stalks his prey; add 1 Green Web tile to the board.

Comments

• I see Venom as being a great support character. If you can max his Symbiote and Devour, you can clear those difficult matchups pretty easily.
        • I'm holding off on maxing Symbiote Share. Increases the AP cost for making a web tile - and I'm looking to devour some difficult opponents.
        • I have been using the healing trick described here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166

I have been shaving about 25 minutes off my "wait time" to heal up my characters. Even if you don't have this Venom card or a Classic Spider-Man yet, you may want to check out that thread, because you can start using the trick without even owning either card.

I wanted to link it here because it may end up being a good strategy to keep one around with a Classic Spider-Man, just for healing purposes. Of course, we will have to see if anything about the game changes or character powers change in a future update... But as of now, it seems an effective strategy for healing, especially if you are a non-paying player of the game.
        • I'm a bit bummed at the choice of either not levelling him all the way, or losing the efficient single target stun + web since his purple ends up costing more at level 5
        • I wish there was a way to remove covers or points instead of starting all the way over from scratch icon_neutral.gif
        • Venow should be made at least 2 star char.
          his ability is not damaging enough, only when paired with another spider symbiote, he shine [not too much]
        • At level 5, does Devour:
          a) eat whole team for 8 Webs, otherwise bite for damage
          or
          b) eat whole team for 8 Webs, otherwise eat target for 5 Webs, otherwise bite for damage
          ?

I can't decide whether to level it up to 5 or not.
        • it's b) so you can level it without disadvantage
        • yay! I can reclaim a cover space now : )
        • Mommson wrote:
          it's b) so you can level it without disadvantage

Are you sure? Because his Purple skill doesn't work like this unfortunately.
        • Shikao wrote:
          Mommson wrote:

Yes. My Venom has L5 Devour and L4 Snare and I can get 20 pink, spam Snare, and then Devour a single target. Did that several times recently in the DA tournament.
        • Zathrus wrote:
          Shikao wrote:
          Mommson wrote:

Yes. My Venom has L5 Devour and L4 Snare and I can get 20 pink, spam Snare, and then Devour a single target. Did that several times recently in the DA tournament.

Thanks! Now I wish I didn't go for L5 Snare =/
        • It would make sense if level 5 snare added two web tiles to the board, but it might be too powerful that way.

Edit: Actually, probably not. Right now at Level 4 snare you need 20 Purple AP for a single Devour and 32 Purple AP (can't have all at once) for the whole team. At Level 5 Snare with two webs, you need 21 Purple AP unless there is a web on the board for a single Devour and 28 Purple AP for the whole team, which is still a lot. I think it is consistant with a fully upgraded character.
        • Blue Shoes wrote:
          It would make sense if level 5 snare added two web tiles to the board, but it might be too powerful that way.

Edit: Actually, probably not. Right now at Level 4 snare you need 20 Purple AP for a single Devour and 32 Purple AP (can't have all at once) for the whole team. At Level 5 Snare with two webs, you need 21 Purple AP unless there is a web on the board for a single Devour and 28 Purple AP for the whole team, which is still a lot. I think it is consistant with a fully upgraded character.

That sounds like a Suggestions forum worthy idea. It shouldn't upset the balance of game.
        • It was suggested that I put this in here. See the original forum post here http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58#p2465.

Long story short, I think it makes sense for Venom's Level 5 snare ability to throw two webs on the board. This would follow the cost progression for webs based on the the previous levels. Right now, it is more advantageous to level your Snare to Level 4 so it will help out your devour skill. It also makes sense that he would shoot out more webs if he is going to stun the whole team. It would also give people a reason to fully level up their Venom.

A level 5 snare right now takes 35 Purple AP to get 5 webs on the board while the level 4 takes 20. Since the AP cost goes up to 7 at level 5, with this change it would take 21 purple to get 6 webs. Also, I think a fully leveled Venom needing 12 Black AP and 28 Purple AP for a full devour would play well. Right now, the increase in AP cost between a level 4 and Level 5 Snare for a full team devour is from 32 to 56. I think moving from 32 to 28 makes more sense in terms of level progression.
        • I don't like posting just '+1', but I don't have anything to add this time, so:

+1 icon_e_wink.gif
        • I agree with you, I was thinking about having a Venom of level 35... but this sounds stupid, isn't it?
        • Dninot
          Dninot Posts: 214
          Im curious about something. I have a lvl 1 Venom, and I noticed his damage for black is listed as 3 on my phone. I've got multiple covers so I have his skills leveled, but I still have him as level 1. Do leveling skills change the damage amounts, or did an update later his damage on black at level 1?
        • Dninot wrote:
          Im curious about something. I have a lvl 1 Venom, and I noticed his damage for black is listed as 3 on my phone. I've got multiple covers so I have his skills leveled, but I still have him as level 1. Do leveling skills change the damage amounts, or did an update later his damage on black at level 1?

Covers don't increase match damage, only character levels do.

Some covers may increase power damage (like Venom's Devour), but for most powers it's also tied to character level.
        • Dninot
          Dninot Posts: 214
          So because I have a Venom with Devour, that explains my 3 damage on black rather than 2?
        This discussion has been closed.